Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy, I'm not sure if it's my stock intake or the distributor that causes my gas to disingage momentarily and the car starts to be misfiring. i.e. I step on the gas=nothing happens but engine switches to idle. Do you guys have any idea of what may be the problem and what I should do to fix it. It rains a lot up here. Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that is the case, then is there anything I need to do to prevented it from happening. It's hard to avoid puddle over here. I'm talking about just a splash (on the passenger side) and my cay would start to choke for at least a day.

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
thats not true.. check if theres a hole in the box right in front of your right front tire. its an off-white box. that is your air box. if you have a hole in this, it IS possible to suck up leaves and SOME water.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
If you're driving in water that deep, you have other things to worry about like water coming in through the bottom of the door, current carrying the car, brakes not working, etc. Even if you hit a big puddle, you're fine.

Let's not make this another hydrolock thread, as we've already exhausted that. It's been discussed thoroughly and explained that hydrolocking only happens if you submerge your air filter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I think you're right, Trish. There is infact a hole in there and I can see the white box right through it. I don't know if it's hydrolock, since my goes back to normal in a day or two. on the other hand, hydrolock would ruin my engine. I'm just hoping it isn't.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Have you changed your spark plugs recently? Go get some NGKs. I used bosch and they started making my car missfife and sputter. My mechanic has see this happen hundreds of times. Bosch just plain sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.