Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pool in the back of me car were the spare tire is I got all the water out but every time it rains it just fills back up. The weather striping is good and I cant find out how its getting in even with the plastic panels takin out.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
I've heard of people having leaks around thier tailights

·
Registered
98 Posts
yeah, i got the same problem, a pool of water in the spare tire area. Damn if i know, it's still a mystery to me...

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Mos def try the tailights. Have you changed them to new ones since you got the car?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had the same problem. what i did was i took a piture of water and with the trunk open, i poured it down the sides of the trunk so that it would pour around the lights and sure enough it was comming from my tail lights. I suggest you try that and see for your self where it is comming from. you'll be surprised.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same problem and I just gutted my car from the driver seat back including the passenger seat. I will soon find out where the problem is comming from but I have work so it will be a couple of days until I get back to you with the results. It would be best to strip out the back including you back seat and you rear pannels, close the lid and have a friend soak the back w/ a hose. then try to find the leak befor you start buying anything. a $50 rubber seal is a lot of $$$ to spend only to find out that it was not the problem. or even worse $150 on new tail lights. it's about an hour and a half job if you have the time and you only nees a 10mm, 12mm and an extertion set, a flat and phill screwdriver and you are ready to start. If you do this and run into any problems give me a E-mail.

P.S.- the back seats come out w/ a clip on each side of the fold up part.

Good Luck and I'll post my results when I find out what happened to my leak.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I got water leaking into my spare tire area and underneath my rear seats. I think it was from getting rear ended about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
395 Posts
same thing on my mom's car. there was a little gap where the black rubber lining was that goes around the trunk.

·
Registered
382 Posts
whiteminority on Jul/23/02 said:
I found the leak its on the tail lights but i dont know how to fix that.
01 - clear silicon (from plumbing dept. in Home Depot)
02 - a rubber door seal from Home Depot & cut to length & then make cuts into the rubber so it can contour (sp?) to the shape of the tail lights. Slip into gap between tail lights & body work. I had to do this with my euro clears because there was a huge gap between the lights & body. I can take pictures of what I bought & how I did it if needed.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i had the same problems with my clears. if you have pic's can you post them please.

·
Registered
11 Posts
JWoNG1268- can you post pics of the job you did to seal your taillights please I need to do this as i just found water in my trunk.

thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had this problem and i fixed it perfect.....what u do is there is a piece of foam between the tailights and the metal of the car, what happens is over time that foam begins to deteriate ..so u can buy new stuff or just take off your tail lights and let them and the foam dry and then put them back on but get somone to press the tailights really hard against the car while you tighten the screws sothat the foam is a reallly tight seal.i garentee this will fix it

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
be very careful not to overtighten the nuts for you WILL crack the housing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had this same problem it was my taillight gasket i got another one at the dealership for 27.77... what a rip off huh? this page might help even though its for gen 2 tegs... http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/lighting/8.html

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
jwong1268 on Jul/23/02 said:
Quote: whiteminority on Jul/23/02I found the leak its on the tail lights but i dont know how to fix that. 01 - clear silicon (from plumbing dept. in Home Depot)
02 - a rubber door seal from Home Depot & cut to length & then make cuts into the rubber so it can contour (sp?) to the shape of the tail lights. Slip into gap between tail lights & body work. I had to do this with my euro clears because there was a huge gap between the lights & body. I can take pictures of what I bought & how I did it if needed.
Ok this is getting really annoying what does (SP?) mean ive seen it so many times no clue as to what it means anyone mind clueing me in?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the same problem but it was cause of my aftermarket spoiler. I just fixed the problem by putting a type of jell water seal that hardens when it drys where the wing bolts to the trunk lid.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts