·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before you guys all start rolling your eyes, heres what ive done so far

new tails, resealed gaskets.
cleared sunroof drain plug
new trunk seal
checked power antenna drain, tightened power antenna and siliconed bottom of power antenna cap to the ****in car!

and it still ****in leaks! My car was in an accident before i got it as far as i can tell so the only things i can think still is that my window seal is no good or that my trunk isnt closing right, but it seems to close fine.

ive cleaned the sunroof drain and made the ouput hole bigger, ive put new tails and siliconed gaskets, i siliconed under the power antenna.

Here are pics over the last 2 months from oldest to newest.

The white stuff is coca ... er i mean baby powder.

I THOUGHT it might be coming from this ****in thing

this is from right behind the front door looking back ... im guessing this car was crashed and those are the holes from where they pulled out the dent

my poor car

ok so its coming in ABOVE the taillight WTF

up and behind in there

then it trickles down the side, onto the top of the airvent lookin thing

and the water comes to rest down here

this is where it comes in as far as i can tell nothin to do with the taillight

siliconed around the top of the tail

put this rubber coating **** everywhere

so it still leaks after all this

ive taken the panels off my trunk lid but i dont see any condensation under there

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
254 Posts
my car does the same thing, that little flap door, relieves cabin pressure. if u have a stereo u'll leak water, or if u wash ur car w/ a pressure washer and clean the fender lining, ull get a lot of water, i get almost an inch. try covering that door with duct tape or something to see if that helps. ur circled spot is a weird spot to leak

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
b18trbo, just out of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion that you will get water leaking into your trunk if you "have a stereo?"

I was gonna say I'm having the same problem, but i think mine's coming from the brake light gasket leaking *crosses fingers*

good luck with the fix man

·
Registered
254 Posts
that flap relieves pressure in the cabin when u shut your doors with all the windows open and sunroof closed. take ur rear panel off, u can literally just push it open and look to the ground.

·
Registered
474 Posts
im getting water in the same spot, not as much, almost so little it looks like condensation, nice work on the pics and the baby powder. Im hoping a solution comes of this, otherwise its me in the trunk with a friend outside with a hose, lol...

·
Registered
254 Posts
but that flap thing is still true tho!!! for everyone elses knowledge, im goin to check my teg for that small hole too tho, i may just be there anyways.??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im gonna check that hole ... i never noticed that before, but if thats it ill put a ****load of rtv on it and see if it still leaks

no its not my stereos bass causing the leak .... cause my car leaks when its parked too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok theres no hole ... that pic justs looks funny because i used sealent around the trunk seal so thats a spot where it isnt applied evenly so the pic makes it look like theres a hole there

and like i said ive already checked and cleared the sunroof drain

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea man please let me know ... i was plannin on working on it more, but bastards broke my drivers side window and took my stereo WHILE THE ALARM WAS GOING OFF on tuesday night so i gotta deal with that now, right now i got saran wrap on the window.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.