Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulled out my spare tire box so i could dynamat back there some more in the morning, and i was dissapointed to find puddles of water

any ideas/advice?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Possibly the weather seals around the hatch. Also there are tubes behind the interior panels that look like they handle water drainage for the hatch, make sure they are intact.

That's what I would check first at least..... Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
steve, i'm also leaking water inside my hatch, but its more that what ure expeiencing, its like some one spilt a one liter bottle of wather back there, whenever it rains, i'll have to take a sponge the next day and get to cleaning...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I had the same problem. I think it's from worn seals around the taillights. All I did was drill a small hole to let the water drain out everytime it rained or when I washed the car and put a little touch up paint to prevent it from rusting.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I noticed i have the same problem when i stripped the interior a few weeks ago...the water had evidently been there for a while because it was starting to dissolve the tar under the spare tire
...so i just scraped the tar out. oN a side note, what would be the best methodfor removing all that tar?-Jon-

·
Registered
684 Posts
i drilled holes in the trunk, enough to drain the water. like they said its probably the seal somewhere. and i dont have time to look for it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
It's your tail lights...I had the exact same problem. I replaced the tail light gaskets and it helped to prevent some of the water...but not all of it. I just think that some of the earlier G3 teg (94-96) had tail lights that just dont seem to want to withstand weather conditions after 6+ years of beating. I just bought some red euro tails (match nicely and give somewhat of a stock look,) and no more leaks!

Good Luck Steve!

·
Registered
31 Posts
All you have to check is if you put the gaskets facing the right way. samething happened to me my gaskets were switchet after changing it I haven't had any problem.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
UGHH!! after changing my oil tonight i go to put my tools back into the open strut tower panel cover and notice my carpet was a tad wet. I lift up the chuckboard floor and see - a PUDDLE of water where my sparetire would sit!

now the chuckboard has water stains around the handle, and the edges along the side panels. So would it be safe to assume that the weatherstripping around the hatch is leaking, or the interior ductwork. I REALLY don't have the time nor resources (read: money) to be replacing everything. So i need everyones BEST advice - please!

Thanks!

Integra Swimmers Club Member #4
-LT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts