Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I decided to clean off the engine bay because I wanted to run no hood at the upcoming cars and coffee event. I masked off as much as I could such as the battery, alternator, taped over some wires, fuse boxes, etc. I was thinking about masking off the spark plugs but since there was already a cover there I doubted I could get that much better of a seal. I lightly sprayed the valve cover and some water just happened to seep in down to the bay. I dried most of it off but theres just the slightest bit of water underneath the seal of the spark plug. Should I be worried? Or should it just dry off over night?

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
So today I decided to clean off the engine bay because I wanted to run no hood at the upcoming cars and coffee event. I masked off as much as I could such as the battery, alternator, taped over some wires, fuse boxes, etc. I was thinking about masking off the spark plugs but since there was already a cover there I doubted I could get that much better of a seal. I lightly sprayed the valve cover and some water just happened to seep in down to the bay. I dried most of it off but theres just the slightest bit of water underneath the seal of the spark plug. Should I be worried? Or should it just dry off over night?
I wash & rinse my engine bay down all the time. The only thing that I cover, is the inlet to my turbo. I never spray water directly over the distributor. Everything else is fair game, and I've never had issues.

As far as water getting down the spark plug bay/tray (whichever you want to call it), it'll evaporate as engine comes up to operating temps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wash & rinse my engine bay down all the time. The only thing that I cover, is the inlet to my turbo. I never spray water directly over the distributor. Everything else is fair game, and I've never had issues.

As far as water getting down the spark plug bay/tray (whichever you want to call it), it'll evaporate as engine comes up to operating temps.
Also, I used Krud Cutter as my degreaser. Is it safe to get on rubber hoses?

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts