Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy calls me up, askin if I wanted to take part in his venture of painting his spare Circuit 8's for his Civic w/B16-t... I say yes of course.

Here's what we came up with.

I know it's nothing fantastic or mind blowing. But, we spent maybe 20 minutes, $15 on supplies... and turned something that isnt so pretty, into some that will look killer on his car.

There's no need for asshole negativity, positive criticism is acceptable, by the way.

Warning, these are not Works or Rays... they're run of the mill, beaten and battered... Track Rota's... meaning most of their life was spent on the track... hence the scars on the spokes and such.

Let me know what you think...

Just Integras please.

·
Registered
124 Posts
looks pretty sick would look hella nice if they were black instead of gunmetal

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is black, but in the pics it looks gunmetal. I said the same thing when we loaded the pics

"everyones gonna think they're gunmetal"

:)

Thanks dude!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As easy as this was to do, we could make you a set for sure. Just supply the wheels, we'll do the rest. :)

Anyway, like I said I think we maybe put 20-25 minutes actual labor into the wheels. With more time, more prep and better equipment I think they would've come out a lot better...

The wheels were for track only use, so they had a lot of damage to the faces of the spokes and the lug nut holes/sockets.

We sanded with 80 grit, to get rid of the deep scuffs, scrapes...
Then went to 100, 500, and stopped with 600.
I think we should use 1000 or 1500 on the painted sections, but he thinks it'll ruin the blue paint.

I think the blue paint is that metalcast paint previously mentioned, I dont remember the names...

·
Registered
92 Posts
kc-db1 on Sep/27/07 said:
As easy as this was to do, we could make you a set for sure. Just supply the wheels, we'll do the rest. :)

Anyway, like I said I think we maybe put 20-25 minutes actual labor into the wheels. With more time, more prep and better equipment I think they would've come out a lot better...

The wheels were for track only use, so they had a lot of damage to the faces of the spokes and the lug nut holes/sockets.

We sanded with 80 grit, to get rid of the deep scuffs, scrapes...
Then went to 100, 500, and stopped with 600.
I think we should use 1000 or 1500 on the painted sections, but he thinks it'll ruin the blue paint.

I think the blue paint is that metalcast paint previously mentioned, I dont remember the names...
Those are badass. I can't wait to see pics with them on the car. Thanks for the DIY, I'm going to talk my buddy into doing this to his rims... that way we have all the trial and error out of the way when we do my rims!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FacetheNoise on Sep/27/07 said:
I really like them, and I think it's cooler that you did it, not buy them like that.

Well technically, you cant get them in this combo... but, we're DIY'rs we do what we can on our own. Especially when we're bored!!!
Quote: Danny50 on Sep/27/07 looks awesome. never seen anything like that
one of a kind!!!

Quote: PYST187 on Sep/27/07 Those are badass. I can't wait to see pics with them on the car. Thanks for the DIY, I'm going to talk my buddy into doing this to his rims... that way we have all the trial and error out of the way when we do my rims!!!
He's going to be getting tires mounted tomorrow, we hope. He and I are thinking they need a coat of clear, because the lips are real sensitive... and flake fairly easy.

Quote: McLovinTeg95 on Sep/27/07 i want to see them mounted, good work so far.
Hoping for tomorrow, but... we'll see.

Quote: Sirfallsalot243 on Sep/27/07 That looks awesome. Im thinking of doing the same thing with my JSPL's but red instead of blue.

Thanks man. What are JSPL's?

Quote: sik96 on Sep/27/07 thats pretty sweet lookin
Nice emoticon, thanks for the kind words!!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
only took you guys 20-25 min...? Man when I painted my Mesh it took me almost 3 hours. Most of the time was preapping it, masking the lip off, and ofcourse I did it all by myself. Anyhow looks good. How many clear coats?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
InLtegSra94 on Sep/28/07 said:
My friend did the same thing ong his B18C1 EG like 2 years ago. Same colors, it looks dope.
Uh, thanks.

Quote: linkb0y on Sep/28/07 only took you guys 20-25 min...? Man when I painted my Mesh it took me almost 3 hours. Most of the time was preapping it, masking the lip off, and ofcourse I did it all by myself. Anyhow looks good. How many clear coats?
Yea, the wheels were striped about... 4 months ago and have just been sitting... we just cleaned them to remove the oils and such. Then masked off the spokes, sprayed the lip blue. Then masked off the blue lip and sprayed the spokes. The spokes have 2-3 coats, the lip has 1. There is not clear yet, but I think he's decided to get it done professionally.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.