Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the 95 and 94 GSR so popular, OBD1 maybe?
Also, what is the clear tube that runs behind the trunk plastic panels in 98+ 2 door integras?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
not this obd1 vs. obd2 sh*t again. it's a myth created by scc. as for the tube, it's the washer fluid for the rear window.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I don't know what he's talking about, they're more popular? Says who? I never noticed this....

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Perhaps the '94 and '95 GS-Rs appear to be desired more because they are the oldest gen3 GS-Rs and tend to be less expensive to obtain. These cars are 7 to 9 years old now.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'd like to know the torque numbers on the 95 GSR. My buddy's dad has one, and he beat me not once but TWICE (relax mods, it was at the track), and we both only have CAI's.We're also both proven pretty good drivers. I say torque was to blame because we have the same HP numbers, and the fact that he came off the line better then i did, both with pretty close RT's (.58 him, and .60 for me). He ran 14.89 and I ran 15.07.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
What were your 60' times gerson? "Better off the line" sounds like a better launch to me.

Alot can contribute to what car beats what, even with the same mods/model.

He could have had better tires, better tire pressure, his engine could have been broken in better, maintenance, etc

The torque difference between a 94-95 and a 96+ GSR is not even worth mentioning.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
It has not been PROVEN if one is faster than the other or not, but the OBD1 has less emmision equipment than the 96 OBD2. Just like the 94-95 teg LS has 142 hp and the 96 or 97 has 140. The hp loss is from emission equiptment. Also the OBD 1 can be reset over and over for mods. OBD 2 cannot. This may be why they are more desirable.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
My 95 GSR also ran a 14.8 when it had nothing but a shoddy DC 4-1 header.

OBD I Has been proven better, despite what the OBD II people like to say :p

·
Registered
577 Posts
Furious94LS on Sep/03/02 said:
It has not been PROVEN if one is faster than the other or not, but the OBD1 has less emmision equipment than the 96 OBD2. Just like the 94-95 teg LS has 142 hp and the 96 or 97 has 140. The hp loss is from emission equiptment. Also the OBD 1 can be reset over and over for mods. OBD 2 cannot. This may be why they are more desirable.
that woulda been my guess...

style, my 60' 2.31 and his was like 2.27 or 2.28 (somethin like that...dont remember exactly)

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Gerson - So it sounds like he got a better launch if nothing else. The difference between my 2.41 and 2.38 60' time was .07 in the ET.

ODBII can be reset over and over for mods, not sure where you herd that furious?

ODBI can be chipped, where ODBII can't or needs a piggyback controler. That would be one advantage.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
This is from the acticles section under Integra history.
OBD-II (on Board Diagnostics II) was implemented into the computer system of the 1996 model Integras. The new computer system now added more sensors as well as changing the chip's programming to meet stricter emissions guidelines and to better diagnose engine problems. While the introduction of the new system sounds good to most practical people (obviously not the type of people we are), this change was extremely looked down upon by the performance enthusiasts as the ECM (Engine Control Module, also referred to as ECU) would no longer accept reprogramming. If anyone wanted to modify their engine computer they would have to buy an entirely new aftermarket unit which can only be programmed once. This added a large expense and hassle to those who wanted to keep their engine computer system running at optimum performance with whatever modifications they might have done to their Integra. However companies like A'PEXi and Fields have come to the rescue and offered ECM "piggy-back" systems that do give a slight amount of reprogramability however still nothing can beat a fully aftermarket customized ECM. There is speculation concerning the performance of OBD-II. Alot of Integra owners will testify that OBD-I Integras perform better because of less restrictive emissions equipment. This has not been thoroughly tested nor has it been done in an equal and fair manner so there's really no telling which is better.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Ok, so it was a wording confusion

The ODBI computer can be "reprogrammed"
where the ODBII computer can't

Both of them can be "reset" as many times as you want.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i believe, there is no diff. in OBD2 and 1 cars, till you mod them..then they are different. a very popular swap around here is an OBD2 to odb1 swap, my friends civic did this, was running a 16.9 w/ intake, header, and exhaust, and then swapped to OBD1 and got a 15.9!!! dont tell me she drove it better either, it was the computer!

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Yeah I said it wrong..lol Sorry guys. I still dont think there is much of a difference. And when my car goes for its inspection every year, they are amazed at how low my emmissions are for a 94 w/ 180,000 miles. Well less going back years but still. So what did they have to improve on emmissions?????

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
my reason for getting a 95... price

95 GSR with 39,000 miles = $8,500

2001 GSR with 75,000 miles = $20,000

these were the 2 i had to choose from

Since i knew i'd be modding it out and what not, i decided that i'd go the cheaper route and save some $$$ for performance parts.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
drpepper962 on Sep/03/02 said:
yup i am looking for one simply cause i don't have over 10k to spend on a car
dude i just got my teg for 3500 lol... if you have like 10g's then go for a newer one... if you wanna mod it out, then get an older one and spend the money on mods

·
Registered
439 Posts
so with my 99 If do I/H/E the ecu wont reset/reprogram itself to fully take advantage of the mods? Is a OBD-I conversion hard to do ?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
99tegGSR on Sep/05/02 said:
so with my 99 If do I/H/E the ecu wont reset/reprogram itself to fully take advantage of the mods? Is a OBD-I conversion hard to do ?
You've been mislead my friend...this obd 1 vs obd 2 stuff has gotten out of hand, it's a myth drummed up by SCC, please guys, until it's proven, it's not even worth talking about...

Anyways, after you do the mods, all you do is reset your computer. It may take a day or so for the comp to adjust and then you're good to go. An obd2 takes advantage of the mods the same as an obd1, and until I see proof that says otherwise, this is the way it wiil always be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts