Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this email at work ...

"For those of us who like to drive fast.....

California Highway Patrol will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy in South Orange County starting January 25, 2006. The state estimates that 22 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 3 million will go to pay California Highway Patrol officer overtime. There will be 90 California Highway Patrol officers on duty at all times patrolling the 7 freeways. They are the following: 73, 55, 133, 241, 57, 5, 605 freeways.

Now 7 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every California Highway Patrol officers is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes.

They have issued 50 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you live or work in South Orange County you must take one of their freeways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do. This is a test by the CHP to raise the extra funds for the State of California. The wealthy folks of South Orange County can afford this new tax. The California State Legislators dreamed up this law to help close the budget gap or something like that. I was told KICU-FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

You've been warned."

dude this f*en sucks

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
damn it... high gas plus extra tickets... we need to cut programs to start getting this state out of debt... i always joke around saying that the general car scene is gona take the state out of debt.... but then again....

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
BolanosAV on Jan/19/06 said:
damn it... high gas plus extra tickets... we need to cut programs to start getting this state out of debt... i always joke around saying that the general car scene is gona take the state out of debt.... but then again....

we are their burden yet support ....paradox....(reminds me of that pepsi commercial)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
verification? otherwise, heresay. not that i don't drive carefully already given all the crap i've been through, but it would be a good warning to 99% of the people i know.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Man i risk getting a ticket everyday going to work I gotta stop that lol. I'm not sure the bay area is doing these crackdown or not but everyday I goto work I always see somebody getting pull over on the 101. The last thing I need is free money to da police and insurance going up.

·
Registered
543 Posts
thanks for this info. i will be driving in south OC this weekend

·
Registered
182 Posts
wow,
I drove all the way to South Lake Tahoe from SB last weeked on the 5. I must have averaged 85-90mph. damn good thing they hadn't started yet. Damn did it snow!!! ofcourse i didn't take the teg though.

·
Registered
543 Posts
yeah, you got this in an email? doesn't sound real reliable

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.