Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and read threads for an hour, but still couldn't find an answer to my question...I'm all NA, and I want new tires..I have Nitto 450's, but I want better grip..They are OK, but I've heard a lot about Potenza's and Dunlops. I live in VA, with stock rims..I want all weather, and decent tread life..What do you guys recommend....
205/50/15
Thanks

jc

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a set of the new Dunlop Sport FM901's and they are the loudest peices of rubber I've ever driven. They grip great, but that noise....argh!

Kenzo

·
Registered
768 Posts
96_GSR on Aug/05/02 said:
Do any of you have the Potenza's S03 Pole Postions???
I picked up a set last month. I reaserced this to death until I bought them. I cant even start to tell you how good they grip. I decided to go with the 205/55 15 since the 50's have a lower than recommended load capacity. This lower load capacity can lead to rolling the sidewall during hard cornering. Lower profile doesn't mean better cornering. Plus there is less fender gap, and higher ground clearance. However, they are not all-season. They are amazing in the wet and dry (AA traction), but CRAP in snow. If you want something ultra-performance, such as the S-03, your car will be VERY bad in the snow. I bought these because I have a set of winter tires. If you can afford it, this is the best set-up. You can have great traction all winter long, and have a super fun tire for the rest of the year. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yes the falken azenis are definately not all season to whomever recommened them. great summer tire, horrible with the least amount of rain or snow. hence the reason the are great in the summer, huge contact patch, yet doenst disperse water or bite into snow.

·
Registered
240 Posts
agreed... the falken azenis are horrible in the rain, i've watched an accord with a set that was low on tread... going 40mph in a 55mph zone because the car was hydroplaning constantly... but i still want a set, because in the dry they grip like a mofo!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
lol swift i cant wait to get my set either. just sayin that they are in no way all season. but thats why i got me my blizzaks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts