Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this problem where my VTEC kicks in at 5700 and my car slows down...alot...? which is weird? its a b18c in a 1992 teg? i can't seem to find out the problem...it also sounds very faint? is there a way for me to make my vtec alil louder? and was wondering if neone knew what the problem might be with vtec slowing down the car?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
sound has nothing to do with vtec.

if you have an objective measure of performance other than sound then that would be more accurate and helpful.

secondly, what engine package are you running? we're not mind readers.

thirdly, if you have the vtec in the wrong place and poor fuel tuning then, yes, you can lose power after vtec activation...it's all about tuning.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Your thinking of two different things. The GSR has secondary buterflies that open up in the dual stage Intake Manifold but not two stage VTEC.

*Edit*

Read the second page in this article and it explains about the secondary butterflies and their role in VTEC. Mabey the problem is that the secondary butterflies arnt opening @ 5800 RPM to allow the short runners to be used and losing you power in the top end?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.