Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
yea really...

describe the symptoms around the engagement point...

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
What happened between the time it was engaging and to when it stopped engaging? Is this all the time or some of the time? What are the circumstances that you keep having this problem? Have you checked your oil level recently?

·
Registered
825 Posts
on an earlier post I stated that im having power loss problems. I seem to be losing power in all gears and the vtech enganges but its not nearly as noticeable as before and sometimes i believe its not enganging. The thing just doesnt roar like it used to. Im taking it to the dealer since its still under warranty to fix it.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
oil pressure...

·
Registered
166 Posts
TheGSRGuy is right the ecu needs to see 2 things before the VTEC pressure solinoid will engage, 55psi of oil pressure and the engine has to be at operating temp.
The VTEC solinoid has a screen in it and sometimes gets clogged, or the VTEC pressure switch fails but for the most part that would set a CEL.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
OK this always confuses me guys. I understand that everything has to happen correctly for VTEC to engage, but if your engine is not up to operating temp and you take it up to 8K RPM, what is going on? Are you running on the low end cams?

Don't get me wrong, I have NEVER done this, I'm just curious as to what happens...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Sep/11/02 said:
OK this always confuses me guys. I understand that everything has to happen correctly for VTEC to engage, but if your engine is not up to operating temp and you take it up to 8K RPM, what is going on? Are you running on the low end cams?

Don't get me wrong, I have NEVER done this, I'm just curious as to what happens...
thats a really good question. i would really like to know the answer to it too.

·
Registered
408 Posts
well NEVER run to 8k, or above 5 when the engine is cold. not good for the life of it - oil has not gotten to proper temperature and therefore viscosity to handle the bottom end moving that fast. but if vtec does not engage, and your running 8k, ur still on the tame cam lobes. this shouldnt have an adverse effect on the motor itself, other than there being less power.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I don't go above 3K until my engine is up to operating temp...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts