Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the check engine stays on...it flashes code 21 for vtec problem....it will not erase the code when the power has been interupted....the car runs up to about 6400-6500 rpms before the fuel cutout occurs(in other words the vtec wont kick in)...we are using the original gsr wiring harness on a JDM motor and ECU..I have had 2 different vtec solenoids on this motor and cannot get a consistent ohm reading to varify whether it is working or not....ANY SUGGESTIoNS????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Logic0010...yeah i have tried two different ECUs and two different solenoids, no luck so far.
TheGSRGuy...thanks for the link, ill read that over, maybe it will help out.
GunNam...Yes i am using the JDM ECU. What do you mean JDM spool valve/vtec solenoid?

The set up is 98+ spec JDM ITR motor with 99 USDM GSR wireharness plugging into 99+ spec ECU. Like i said before we have swapped out JDM ECUs and solenoids and no luck yet. My brother talked to two shops that he knows and they both said something about using a "wire harness adapter" like this one...

http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm

does anybody have experience with using this adapter or one like it, and do you think this might help me with my problem? Also which of those wire harness adapters would i use with the 99 UDSM GSR harness and a 99+ spec JDM ITR ECU. Also i have a VAFC 2 i will be installing on the car once the fuel cut problem is fixed. The link i posted above, they also sell plug and play harnesses for the VAFC. I just wanted to see if anybody has used these harnesses yet...

http://www.boomslang.us/vafc2.htm

If you guys can let me know if you think those harnesses might help me out with the problem? Also let me know if any of you guys have used them before, thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
well your car is obd2a and the motor should be obd2a also but i cant figure it out. i dont think you need the harness cuz the ECU is not obd1. what year exactly is the 98 spec motor? if its a 00 then you need the obd2a--->obd2b adapter harness

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lildrunknfOo...yeah i was pretty sure that the 99 GSR was an OBD2A...but how is the JDM ITR OBD2A also? Correct me if i am wrong but i thought all JDM motors were OBD1 and USDM motors were OBD2, so wouldn't that make the JDM ITR motor that we swapped in OBD1? Also the its a JDM ITR ECU so shouldn't that also be OBD1? I'm not exactly sure on what year the motor is, when i ordered it from Hmotorsonline.com he told me it was 98+ spec thats all, i'll try and get ahold of him and figure out the exact year. Also why did both shops my brother talk to say they used "wire harness adapters," like the ones in the link i posted above, whenever they did JDM swaps? Any help on this would be very appreciated, since we have had the motor in and running for about a month and had the fuel cut/no vtec problem. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.