Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a jdm b16a that he got from osaka and his motor does not have a vtec oil pressure switch and it looks like it came from the factory like that. Has anybody seen this before or did they relocate it somewhere else besides under the wtec solenoid?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ecu is throwing a code 22 which is the vtec oil pressure switch and vtec isn't engaging. If it didn't come with one could there be another reason why vtec isn't engaging

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The problem is that the USDM ECU expects the pressure switch signal and is not engaging VTEC. There is a way to rewire and not use the switch. You will have to search here or search on this board to find it.

I posted a direct link to the information somewhere. I have not tried the rewire method, so I cannot personally verify that it works. However, I have no reason to doubt that it works.

The other option is to get the switch and wire it up.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I made an assumption for a quick reply, and I was wrong. I knew better.

Code 22 on USDM covers the VTEC solenoid valve as well as the pressure switch, ECM and wiring. I will assume the JDM is the same. Check the entire VTEC circuit.

Since this is a swap, it could be that the VTEC wiring is not plug and play. once again, check the entire VTEC circuit.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
USDM VTEC SOLENOID

things I always check, if it's not the pressure switch (which you don't have):

solenoid basket filter is clean

SPOOL VALVE & filter (#12)

connections to ECU

if those all check out, then you down the other causes for no VTEC activation stated in the VTEC article.

If all else fails try another JDM solenoid.

The last but rare problem is the ECU itself.

·
Registered
280 Posts
When I did my swap I had to change the vtec oil pressure switch from a positive lead to a negative lead. Depending on what year ths car is and what year motor is you may need to do the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts