Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am continuing to get that ECU Code error, with vtec shut down getting worse, now vtec rearely works, I need a new switch but dont know where to get one, any ideas? please help :) THanks

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Here. Make sure the switch is actually the problem; many things can cause a code to be set. I imagine all the VTEC switches are interchangeable, so one from any car would work (salvage yard). I'm not positive of this, however.

You can disconnect the harness at the switch and jump the connections and if the switch is the problem, VTEC will work.

EDIT: The VTEC system fault checking procedure is strange. I am no longer sure that jumping the switch will work. It will work for a while, but not forever.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
my friends gsr just had this problem..i wouldnt go into vtec..because it will just mess it up worse..go and buy a new one..its 49.92 for a new one..

·
Registered
30 Posts
if thats the code you're getting, then i why not just try putting in a new switch and see if it fixes the prob.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I got this code on my gsr, I took off my whole solenoid and there is a gasket with a little screen in there, i pulled that out VERY CAREFULLY and cleaned it with some brake cleaner, let it dry and put it back together. reset ecu, no code,no more problem with vtec. just a suggestion

·
Registered
422 Posts
mattb on Jan/06/04 said:
I got this code on my gsr, I took off my whole solenoid and there is a gasket with a little screen in there, i pulled that out VERY CAREFULLY and cleaned it with some brake cleaner, let it dry and put it back together. reset ecu, no code,no more problem with vtec. just a suggestion
Is it easy to remove the solenoid, because I would like to clean it

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I'd follow the procedures in the manual for testing this. It's 3 pages. You sure you have sufficient oil pressure and oil? That's one of the checks.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
yea i changed mine out before emissions testing (since the switch going bad caused me to fail) and it only took me 5 minutes.

I would just order one from acuraautomotiveparts.org or talk to "Len" over on Honda-Tech and he'll probably be able to get it for you a little bit cheaper because he actually works for the acura dealership here in Georgia that maintains that site (Baranco Acura, I believe).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is this code by chance a #22??? I'm freakin' out right now because i would check my oil and it would totally disappear, meaning my dip stick would be clean. Then after a while the oil would magically reappear. This may sound strange but i have no idea where the oil has left. Maybe stuck in the oil pan??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts