Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Really having trouble diagnosing this one! My speedo started cutting out 2-3 months ago, but it would stop working for an hour or so then come back to life, this happened 3-4 times, but now it has completely died! I've tried 2 other VSS which are in full working order but still not working.

There are 3 wires in the VSS, a blue/white (signal) , black/yellow (12v) and black (ground) I've used a voltameter on the first two wires and they get around 10v with the ignition (without the car on), this is using the 3rd ground wire from the plug but I have tested it directly from the chassis and I get the same reading so the ground should be good (also sanded down the grounds for good measure). I believe the blue/white wire is the one which should send a signal to the ECU to tell it what speed the car is doing, so is it not a bit weird that they're both sending power?

Any ideas? I been without VTEC for a week now! :mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I may have missed it, but I assumed a 95 GSR...

If any of the orange wires are shorted, the signal will not come through. You should get 0-5volt pulses at the orange (blue/white on later models) wire disconnected from the ECU and other devices....

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
57 Posts
sounds to me like you have a short or open in that org wire. it could have been grounding somewhere occasionally and finally got caugh grounded out somewhere. Check all the orange wires and make sure you don't see something wrong with the wire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts