Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Oh man, that is so sweet! I wonder where I can get some of that stuff that he's smoking...

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
300hp in a light weight car could do that, he says he keeps up with them not beats them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
vortech=dyno queen....he might get them from a roll but from a stop the Z06 will own him....what the hell good is 300whp at redline

·
Registered
208 Posts
"Mariner has gone as far as replacing the front fenders with new ones that have a shark-gill inset. There's a new, ducted hood. Out back, a rear wing looks like it came from a business jet."

I couldn't help but laugh when I read that

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yeah you gotta love the Indianapolis Star; like someone already pointed out, it ain't the New York Times. I know Eric (owner of Type-R) and he only runs a 13.6 in the 1/4 because he can't get traction and he's never run with slicks.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
ITR41 on Sep/09/02 said:
vortech=dyno queen....he might get them from a roll but from a stop the Z06 will own him....what the hell good is 300whp at redline
Word....remember when that vortech supercharged gsr ran a 14.9? It is a true dyno queen. The Z06 will own him the whole way if you ask me. Over 400 HP, over 400 pounds of torque, it won't even be close.

Sorry, but this is a lost case. While he's running 14s in the quarter mile, the vette will be running 12s or even 11s, just stock...yeah, that race will be close...

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Sep/09/02Word....remember when that vortech supercharged gsr ran a 14.9? It is a true dyno queen. The Z06 will own him the whole way if you ask me. Over 400 HP said:
Sorry, but this is a lost case. While he's running 14s in the quarter mile, the vette will be running 12s or even 11s, just stock...yeah, that race will be close...
we all know power isn't everything ANYWAY back to the thread topic.

cool article

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
You're kidding yourself tony...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
There is alot more to speed than engine modifications

Better suspension, Radius Arms, Stiffer motor mounts, lightweight flywheel, drag radials/slicks, altering the gearing, driving ability, better clutch, weight reduction, all can effect how fast you can go down the 1/4 with out touching the engine.

The vortech supercharger is a dyno queen, no doubt.. but it doesn't meant that a vortech ITR can not keep up with a Z06.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Such altered perceptions here...You're talking about a 400 hp beast against a dyno queen that probably runs 14s...what doesn't add up here?

C'mon guys, integras are great cars, but it isn't going to beat a z06.

I remember a post a few days ago about a twin turbo supra, and some kid wanting to beat it in his integra, and everyone told him that is nearly impossible. Same story here, different beast. Now you're talking about a lot more horses than a twin turbo supra (stock). If we can't beat twin turbo supras, how can we beat corvettes? Please don't tell me we can beat it because it's a domestic....

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Sep/09/02 said:
You're kidding yourself tony...
Not really justin. did you click on his link? Read it to see his point.

By the way nice news.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I just clicked on his link....read it....we're not talking a difference of over 1500 pounds though....sorry.

And I don't really classify the Mustang with the Corvette...two totally different cars, two totally different classes...Stang can't compete with the Z06 vette....if you want to compare the stang with the vette, slap a supercharger on the vette...now we'll talk...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Bleh, this is practically becoming a kill story with all the statistic arguing.

Anything can happen when racing, lets leave it at that.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Justin, stop screwing up everyones wet dream! If it's a Type R and makes 300whp, it's going to own everything known to man.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The Vortech Civic Si made 320whp but could only pull high 13's. Power's not everything, but don't down on this kid so quick, perhaps he was smart enough to actually get the drivetrain and chassis modifications to handle that kind of power properly.

Anyway about the article, that's cool they did a little thing on the import scene, at least it wasn't completely idiotic like some of the other crap I've seen representing us...**cough**Hi-Rev Tuners**cough**

·
Registered
607 Posts
SurferX on Sep/10/02 said:
Anyway about the article, that's cool they did a little thing on the import scene, at least it wasn't completely idiotic like some of the other crap I've seen representing us...**cough**Hi-Rev Tuners**cough**
Amen... Unfortunately all the crap coverage we get reflects on us on the street.

Take Hi Rev Tuners for example: Here you have a bunch of people who know nothing about cars, let alone performance using phrases like "Turbo", and "Cold Air Intake" like they have an idea what they are talking about.
No wonder half the performance car world thinks we are a bunch of morons.

Hi Rev Tuners has some pretty faces, but it seems like they all flunked broadcasting school. For a taped show, the dialogue is piss poor, and even more poorly presented.

I frequent a lot of car boards, We get slammed as "Ricers" all over the place. I think it is our public image, propagated by images like "The Fast and the Furious", and crap television like Hi Rev Tuners.

Phil

1 - 20 of 24 Posts