Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey in a issue of hondatuning magazine they had an article about the vortech integra and is had a 1/4 mile time of 14.9 @96 mph i figured it could do better cuz my car gets lower 14's, my best being 14.7 @99 mph with racing slicks and my car is N/A so whats up? my car has everything that vortech teg does to the last detail except the supercahrger and i dont know what the deal is

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thats what ya get with a Vortech on street tires and nother mods......worth it? NOPE!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
That's why you should never look at a peak power number alone. Peak numbers are decieving, the Vortech boasts big dyno numbers but usually gives small returns in the real world. The speed at which an engine will transient from one RPM to the next depends on the shape of the powerband, not the peak number.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The eaton design may not be as Efficient temperature wise, but vortech's biggerst problem in my opinion is running the same compressor for most of there kits. That's right, (this is what I've noticed,) The same supercharger is in multiple kits, and the adapt their kit to every car. The JSRC almost has to be redesigned around every car. you may not get a peak number, but hey it'll be much faster then a guy making 20 more HP only near the redline.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The vortech integra is completely stock running low boost. thats why. my friend ran lower than that with vortech and a few other minor mods.

·
Registered
113 Posts
no, if you read suferX's post you'll see why. it doesnt produce the power needed for a good 1/4 mile car. Most of the power is after the 1/4 mile. its great for runnin on the highway but not 1/4 track.

·
Registered
224 Posts
95_GSR on Aug/09/02 said:
Hey in a issue of hondatuning magazine they had an article about the vortech integra and is had a 1/4 mile time of 14.9 @96 mph i figured it could do better cuz my car gets lower 14's, my best being 14.7 @99 mph with racing slicks and my car is N/A so whats up? my car has everything that vortech teg does to the last detail except the supercahrger and i dont know what the deal is
well they get sh*tty times like that cause they cant hook up from the line... but they have good top end.

you have all that stuff on your car and your hitting 14.7?? thats what justin runs in his gsr and he has a comptech icebox,header and catback and aem pullies on stock wheels and kuhmo tires.you 2 should race sometime that would be interesting.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
DoDgE_ThiS_ on Aug/13/02 said:
they also clarified on the article that they had about .5 seconds of avoidable tirespin.
Then why didn't they rerun the car and print a time without the avoidable tire sping?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
SurferX on Aug/10/02 said:
That's why you should never look at a peak power number alone. Peak numbers are decieving, the Vortech boasts big dyno numbers but usually gives small returns in the real world. The speed at which an engine will transient from one RPM to the next depends on the shape of the powerband, not the peak number.
In lamnen's terms:
"Dyno queens are for queers"

·
Registered
581 Posts
talking about bringing a thread back from the dead, check the date on that one partick4588, that was like 4.5 years ago.......

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have the kit on my 00 gsr runnin 8 psi,245 whp...i think those numbers are too conservative....i ran 13.7 on street tires....plannin on puttin a supra side mount intercooler(very possible)smallest sc vortech dm pulley and large unorthodox ulta sc crank pulley to bump boost to 12,15 if possible....and lastly,a power fc for fine tuning,extract a lil more hp and smoothest linear curve on the dyno chart

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Wow... brought this thread back from the dead.

But since it's back. I dug through all my old magazines and found it suprisingly. I'll edit with their comments soon.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
*EDIT*

HondaTuning's comments:
"The tires are wrapped around 17- inch Racing Hart D6000 wheels..." "Even with a heavy (and we do mean heavy) speaker box under the hatch acting as an anchor, the GS-R still managed a 14.9 quarter- mile time. Throw in excessive wheelspin at launch thanks to the mid- level tires, and you'd probably shave a good 4 or 5 tenths."

It also says that the only other modifications done to the engine are a A'PEXi N1 header and cat-back.

Also, it was tuned on 310cc injectors and a FMU

The writers also stated that the Vortech unit on this GSR really only shined on the freeway.

-Pictures weren't the best, I apologize.

Here were the numbers:
-245HP @8000rpm
-161 lb/ft torque @8000rpm
-0-60mph in 6.8sec.
-E/T 14.9 @ 96.8mph

I can't believe I kept this 5 year old magazine...

*-My comments: Obviously not the best setup for a supercharger application. Small header, small exhaust, and I'm guessing a stock catalytic converter. Also not the best setup for fuel tuning. Bigger injectors and a chipped ecu would help out most likely. Get rid of the 17in wheels and remove the "heavy" speaker box and get some smaller wheels with sticky street tires/ drag radials/ slicks and you'll def see some better times. Also keep in mind that this is probably an untrained driver, driving the car for the first time.

I'm not sure how the HP numbers were calculated. It didn't say. I'd also like to know what the 60 foot time was. I'm guessing it wasn't very good.

My best bet is having a car in the low 13s with better header/ exhaust, better tuning, better tires, and less weight. Also having a better 60ft and better driver will help. Magazines don't always have the best drivers...

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have 550 cc rc injectors and a walbro 255 lph fuel pump..i'm not using the vortech fmu...4-2-1 headers flowin on a 2'5 in dm full thermal r & d exhaust system...and a vtec control unit (apexi)....straight pipe(no cat).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts