Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vortech has just recently anounced that ALL of their Honda kits (S2000, GSR, SI, and Integra LS/GS) are now CARB certified.

CARB D-213-18 is the number and is good for all 50 states.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Ah. Now perhaps they can build a performance element into the engine showpiece! (well, maybe a bit more than a .5 second q/m gain ;))

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't be hater's. If you don't like it, it is your opinion. I still like spanking Cobra's, SS's, and the like on the highway and watching their faces as I pull away.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
you aint doin it with jsut a vortech big dawg.. read up, its crap, you want SC performance, get the JRSC.. vortech = crap

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe what you want. Vortech = top end power and speed....

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
top end power yes, everywhere else, no. Its great if you have a long enough stretch of road to run the gears right to redline, but until you get near redline its not doin much.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey guys even though I am not a fan of Vortech's SC (mainly because I am a turbo owner
) I don't think that 95nBlown started this thread so that everyone could bash him about his supercharger. All he was trying to do was just let everyone know that the Vortech is now CARB certified...SO GIVE THE POOR GUY A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!

So how about instead of flaming him you thank him for posting up this information.

Rock on 95nBlown...I may not be a supercharger guy but at least I can keep the flamers off of you! Besides, you're happy with it and that's all that matters anyway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
seriously. i second that. please don't turn TI into honda-tech which is full of people saying "this sux, that sux, etc. etc."
thanx for the info. i was also wondering, is the jackson racing SC also carb certified?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe that the JRSC is also, not sure though. Thanks Daydun and Ski.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Daydun on Sep/27/02 said:
... i was also wondering, is the jackson racing SC also carb certified?
Always has been from the start.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
95nBlown stil wondering what the Vortech can do for the LS motor since its all low to mid end and no high end, which is what the Vortec is famous for. Any leads, links, dyno's, etc???

I was told that they already make a kit for the LS but can't find it anywhere? Same as the GSR kit?

BTW. the JRSC for the LS sucks. If you don't put it on the GSR motor don't bother... might as well turbo it.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I believe the low-revving nature of the B18B will not like the Vortech either, unless they change the internal gearing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sak,
Haven't talked to Trevor much about the LS kit. If you are seriously interested in more info about it, I will get what I can for you. Let me know.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
95nBlown on Sep/29/02 said:
Sak,
Haven't talked to Trevor much about the LS kit. If you are seriously interested in more info about it, I will get what I can for you. Let me know.
Well, I'm more of a JRSC guy, but just curious. I mean the Vortech does do wonders for Domestics which has low revving abilities like the B18b engines. The only difference is the size.

What I'm really trying to figure out is if the Vortech is a better kit for the B18b or the JRSC, and knowing what the JRSC does for the B18b, it just doesn't do it any justice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts