Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am slowly building my turbo setup. I ran across this:
-Vortech FMU w/ 12:1 and calibration kit with disks for 12:1, 10:1, 8:1, and 6:1 $110 obo (will sell callibration kit separate from FMU for $35) (Have Pics of both) I am learning but have no experience with this stuff. Is this a good deal and would this be sufficient for fuel needs for a turbo setup with 7 pounds or less of boost. thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
yes, the only thing better than that unit is the cartech fully adjustable FMU, or the vortech super-fmu... but they run quite a bit more expensive. they have no tip-in richening up abilities, but that's usually more of a supercharger problem; and there's always other ways to fix the tip-in problems.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I know this thread is extremly old but I have another question. I'm also starting to build my own custom turbo set up and was looking at the vortech FMU. Will I need a differant fuel pump to use this? and what are the advantages or disadvantages of going w/ a FMU over larger injectors say 450's or 550's? I'm only planning on boosting 6-7psi daily driven.

·
Registered
67 Posts
don't like the FMU. if have cash extra cash go for the aeromotive boost reference fuel regulator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts