Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading a thread on the vortec supercharger...and people were saying that its a dyno queen....i'm quessing that the vortec supercharger doesnt make "usable" whp...??? so i'm assuming the JRSC probably doesnt produce the numbers like the vortec one...but does it have more "usable" whp than vortec's...???

·
Registered
109 Posts
A lot of it will depend on your driving habits and how you want to use it.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
The Vortech is really geared for top speed runs and such. All of it's power rests pretty much at redline, not really usable for the street or even the strip for that matter without super close gear ratios.

I posted this a little while ago. Both highly built motors, Vortech @ 13psi on a B16A and the Drag3 @ 14psi on a B18C. Had the boost been equal the Vortech would have most likely given an equal or higher peak number than the Drag3. That's why they call it a dyno queen, it can pull a high peak number but it's torque numbers and area under the curve usually aren't very impressive. At 6000 RPM the Drag3 motor is up about 115whp.

Perhaps someday someone will prove me wrong and show me a streetable Vortech setup that has a stronger curve than an equal boosting turbo or JRSC, but that day has not arrived yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts