Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal
i just replaced my alternator i saw the kats at napa test it...it worked fine

brand new alternator..new battery and my battery is still runnin at about 12.4 volts when it should be runnin at around 13.98 volts witht the alternator running...we checked all our major grounds stereo wiring cleaned our major wires connections...and still it isnt charging

any ideas what could be happening

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
This is a long shot...

Assuming all wire connections are good, there's a chance that your belts are slipping a bit. Like I said though, that's a long shot, I'm still imagining a wiring problem, or...

How is everything electrical functioning right now? I know my friend fried a couple of alternators when installing a new one by accidentally hitting the alternator w/the wratchet when it wasn't grounded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my electrical functions are workin fine....

i'm gonna go over my wiring again today...

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
if you remove the main system fuse at the battery (hopefully you have one!) and check the voltage at the battery

if you get the right voltage (over 13.5 volts), then you are ok

if you get 12-ish volts, something else is wrong (not your system)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
just helping you by telling you how to figure out what it isn't

electrical problems are best diagnosed by working backwards.... eliminate the eliminate-ables

taking your system our of line by killing all power going to it should be your absolute first step....

and if your car is running and you dont show 13.5+ (should be in the 14's actually) on a voltmeter, then something is wrong with your charging system...you'll be wasting your time guessing at other stuff until you get that straight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts