Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for me to upgrade my Integra's suspension soon as the guy who owned the car before me put some cheap ebay coilovers on stock shocks, and the ride/handling is complete crap. Which of the following two kits would be better for the street/carving the turns and the occassional trip to the dragway? I just want something that keeps the car on the road well with a decent ride. I will be getting a camber kit as well, so don't worry.

I liked my Koni Red/Eibach Sportline setup I had on my 02 Z24 and I love my SSC springs on stock shocks on my 06 Cobalt SS Supercharged. I would like the Integra to handle similarly to them. Thanks ahead of time.

Vogtland & KYB AGX Kit

OR

Skunk2 Springs & Shocks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I have used the search button and found all sorts of good info on the Skunk2 products, but not a whole lot on the Vogtland springs. I am new to the Integra tuning world, so I was just hoping someone could help me out a bit here. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What about Skunk2 springs and AGX shocks? You get the best of both combos above. AGX Shocks are better than Skunk2 sport shocks. AGX are adjustable

As far as Vogtland I dont know how good they are. I put the spring rates for them here Vogtland Spring Rates
I would go with Skunk2 just because I know a lot of people who have used them and liked them. But I know no one running vogtland

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
your integra will handle better than ur other two cars if you get the right set of coilovers.. imo invest about 300 dollars more and get some nice buddy clubs n+ or PIC coilovers, look on HT they have alot of articles and reviews.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I got Koni Yellow/Ground Control and I would recommend them but they ran me $760 but they are awesome I could adjust them from a ride almost like a cadilac to pretty stiff. You could also chose custom spring rates for GC for free, and they are height adjustable.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
^ thats the only problem i hvae with the gc/koni combo. There too expensive for a shock & spring combo, you could of got some buddy club n+, which are just as good as tein's ss coilovers which run around 900 bux now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
96teggiehatch, do you have a link for those coilovers?
I'm basically on a budget here, so springs and shocks are looking like my best bet because I still need to buy a full camber kit as well.

The Vogtland springs have me interested because the spring rates are raised a bit, and they are German TUV certified which is higher than U.S. standards.

If I were to go with Eibach Sportlines springs since I might be able to get a set from a friend, which shocks would go better since the AGX aren't for anything lower than 1.5"? Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
96teggiehatch on Oct/02/07 said:
^ thats the only problem i hvae with the gc/koni combo. There too expensive for a shock & spring combo, you could of got some buddy club n+, which are just as good as tein's ss coilovers which run around 900 bux now.

Thats true but koni can be replaced one by one and its really easy to find some and GC are lifetime waranty I think, but once something blows on the full coilovers dont you have to go through a lot to source out parts and stuff?

Also to original poster you will probably also have to get new bolts for the rear LCA and press in new bushings or get aftermarket LCA's this is not always the case but is very common because the LCA bolts get frozen in the bushings.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlknBlTeg on Oct/03/07 said:
Quote: 96teggiehatch on Oct/02/07^ thats the only problem i hvae with the gc/koni combo. There too expensive for a shock & spring combo, you could of got some buddy club n+, which are just as good as tein's ss coilovers which run around 900 bux now.

Thats true but koni can be replaced one by one and its really easy to find some and GC are lifetime waranty I think, but once something blows on the full coilovers dont you have to go through a lot to source out parts and stuff?

Also to original poster you will probably also have to get new bolts for the rear LCA and press in new bushings or get aftermarket LCA's this is not always the case but is very common because the LCA bolts get frozen in the bushings.
Yeah, that's what I've heard. I'm going to factor a set in my budget too. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Whats teh budget...? Some decent set up for people on a budget would be for springs; H&R, K Sport or NueSpeed as for shocks/struts get at least AGXs if not Illuminas. But if your below that you can always try to find a used set.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well as it is when I bought the car, it was slammed on cheapy ebay coilovers on stock shocks. The camber is all screwed up and eating up my new tires quick even after raising the car back up, and I just need to get it all done right. I have no need to raise or lower the car after the install and alignment, so a springs/shocks setup will work great for me. The AGX's would be nice as they are adjustable for the minimal fine tuning. I've read a lot of reviews on Vogtland springs now, and have heard nothing but good things, so I think I'm going to go that route with a full camber kit. That should put me at around $500-$600 total, and I'll have to see what I can do about the LCA's. That's pushing the budget right there, and I really don't have time to wait because if I wait too long I'll have to buy another set of tires which is even more expensive. To top that off, I only spent $500 for the car when I bought it anyhow!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have vogtland springs paired with KYB GR-2's....no complaints whatsoever...Ive had them on for about 5k miles now. Im sure you'll be even better off with the AGX's. My setup is stiff but very comfortable for daily driving....I eat up corners and tight bends with hardly any tire squeal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.