Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people! I got a chance to get a VIS cf hood for me teg. I can get it for $75 which is pretty good. The flaw is its got a bad spot in it pics below. The guy that has it forgot that he had a tool left on the radiator support and dropped the hood. It left a nasty scar on the hood. So my question is to u. Do u think its still worth the money even though u can see the damage now. Please let me know.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
I wouldnt spend any more than $50 on that hood .. and thats pushing it.

.. It doesnt loook THAT bad though in the pic you posted on the left.

·
Registered
938 Posts
i say no and save yourself the headache. just get a new cf hood.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yea, it may look small in the pic and seem like a deal that's too good to pass up, but if you're anal about your teg like I am that little spot will bother you every time you look at it. I say get a new one instead, nothing beats a brand new shiny flawless cf hood.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
And that is what happens when you buy a cheap non-vac infused hood.... The good ones don't do that.

That is right I am calling VIS and Seibon crap.... they will both do this.

·
Registered
526 Posts
tepid, where do u get ur hoods from then? i wonder if my dad could get one made from lockheed using an autoclave and aero-cf. or is there no difference in what the grade of cf fiber is? what about carbon carbon or am i wrong as usual?

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
acurintegradude on Feb/09/06 said:
Hmm i got it slap a vinyl sticker on it and i wont see it.
great idea .. like IceMan said too .. just get a small piece of cf tape and put it over it .. it will be hard to see.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder what a big carbon fiber acura sign would look like on it. Put it on so that the fiber is going the other direction. HHHMMMMMMMM!!!

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
acurintegradude on Feb/09/06 said:
Ok i just went and looked at it and the bad spot is only the size of a quarter. So im going to go ahead and get it.
... nice!

... Thats a steal if you really think about it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just so you know, I make parts out of carbon fiber, and it doesnt matter what kind of hood you buy. You shut a hood on it and it will most likely do the same. Maybe bigger, maybe smaller, but all will do it.

Thats like saying just because you used good paint and not macco paint your car wont dent. Silly to say.

I could have that fixed in about 20 minutes and you would never be able to tell. Would look brand new. Not counting drying of resin, and clear.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.