Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying a VIS OEM carbon fiber hood. Im just wondering what else i'm gonna need for it. I've looked through the forums and everyone is talkin about weather stripping. i know for sure im gonna buy the rubber Where can i get it? is there anything else i'll need to get?

i know for sure im gonna need to get me the rubber thing in the front (#9) do i really need to get all those screws?? (#26) it says i'd need 16 of em. i'd appreciate any help i can get.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
i'm pretty sure all you need to do is switch the front rubber gasget to the cf hood

and #26 isn't screws... they're just plastic rivets. you should just be able to use the ones from your stock hood provided you don't mess em up too much when you remove them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was gonna use the one on my stock hood but im planning on using the stock hood when winter comes. so is that rubber thing the only weather stripping thing i need?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
yea thats about all u need. u can just use the rubber strippin off the stock hood, then when winter comes, take that off and put it back on the stock hood.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Unless you drill holes in your vis hood you wont be able to use the plastic rivits. I just used some 5-min epoxy and it turned out great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts