Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on nopi at the carbon fiber hoods and it said that hood pins are required for saftey. Is that true? does that mean I need to put pins in my hood? Cause i seen the pics and none of those cars had pins in them. Also no one has made any mention of vis hoods requireing pins. Does anyone here have a vis CF hood and uses pins? whats the verdict fellas cause i'm confused.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
well since they are heavier then most CF hoods you do'nt HAVE to have them, but its good insurance just in case something does happen. the $30 invested can save hundred later on

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Ive got a vis c/f hood and i do not use hood pins. Theyre heavy enuff where they dont flex so much as to crack the hood latch.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help guys. looks like i'll go with out the pins (looks better in my opinoin anyway). hey where all did you guys buy your hoods from?

·
Registered
476 Posts
95SilverBullet on Sep/04/02 said:
Ive got a vis c/f hood and i do not use hood pins. Theyre heavy enuff where they dont flex so much as to crack the hood latch.
yep.. the same with me.. i was told that you wouldn't need it unless you were gonna go over around 95 constant.. but i wouldn't kno tho.. just somethin i heard.. if you got a good latch its even better..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well some times i go around 100+ does that mean i run a risk of the hood flying off and smashing into my windsheild unless i have hood pins?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now i'm scared. i dont wanna have my hood flying up at me. anyone else think this will happen?

·
Registered
408 Posts
JayDawg - I hightly doubt it. I've seen my friend's VIS CF hood, and I've looked at the latch, and there is no reason to be scared of the hood flying up on you. Well.....unless you didn't latch it, lmao.

Evan

·
Registered
208 Posts
esrice on Sep/03/02 said:
My friend Christian (Integraholic on TI) has a VIS hood and does NOT use pins.
i've had my vis cf hood for 2 years with no pins if that helps

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered my VIS cf hood from a place in arizona called phzracing or something. I ordered march 1st and come today, april 12th its STILL not here. aparently they are having mad problems with shipments or something. whatever. Im not gunna run hood pins quite yet. I drive over 90 on the highway in bursts, but Im not worried just as long as the latch is fine.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Yeah, I just got mine on yesterday. At 85 the hood does shake a bit, but its nothing too bad. I still havnt gotten the weather stripping on yet. I think that will clean up the problem a little bit.

Another thing with the hood is the pop rod hole was too small for the pop rod to fit. But a little dremeling later and all is peachy. The quality is excellent.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts