Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 790xv alarm that comes with that fat ugly white remote, and everything works on that. so i bought a clifford RS 3.5 remote(the carbon fiber one) and it works and all like it can send recieve. but when it comes to recieving it sometimes wont recieve anything at all...to explain in further more. i have to remotes in my hand the CF one and the FAT white one. i push lock on the CF remote, the car arms and send a signal to the white remote. and both shows lock, i push unlock on the FAT WHITE REMOTE, car unlocks the FAT WHITE REMOTE shows unlocked but the CF remote still shows locked. if i remote start with CF remote the WHITE remote shows it remotes start, i get in and turn the key to oN push the brake the remote start turns of, and the big fat WHITE remote beeps confirming the remote start has been decactivated, but the CF remote still shows it still remote started. and etc etc

·
Registered
202 Posts
So basicly the CF one isn't working when the alarm is sending information back at the remote correct? Just trying to clear things up a bit.

Don't know what to say about your problem but good luck.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
In Reply To Version 4 User:
i have a 790xv alarm that comes with that fat ugly white remote, and everything works on that. so i bought a clifford RS 3.5 remote(the carbon fiber one) and it works and all like it can send recieve. but when it comes to recieving it sometimes wont recieve anything at all...to explain in further more. i have to remotes in my hand the CF one and the FAT white one. i push lock on the CF remote, the car arms and send a signal to the white remote. and both shows lock, i push unlock on the FAT WHITE REMOTE, car unlocks the FAT WHITE REMOTE shows unlocked but the CF remote still shows locked. if i remote start with CF remote the WHITE remote shows it remotes start, i get in and turn the key to ON push the brake the remote start turns of, and the big fat WHITE remote beeps confirming the remote start has been decactivated, but the CF remote still shows it still remote started. and etc etc    

go into your CF remote...the new one...and turn on the reporting feature...hit all 4 buttons, then hit star once, and then wait for it to time out...it just dosent check as often otherwise...

where did you get your CF.....I just installed my 3.5, over my old RS2 and all 4 extra remotes I have dont work :(,...ebay wants 59.99 for the 1 way, and 74.99 for the 2 way...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holy crap i did not know of that! dang JGOLD YOU ARE THE F*CKEN MAN! i been trying to figure this one out. but is there any other feature that is turned on and off when pushing all four buttons?

yea i got mines of ebay for 79.99, sucks...but i went to all the local shops and they wanted 199.99 which is ridiculous because that how much the new freaken alarm cost. so yea THANKS!

--kevin

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm doing this too. What instructions did you use to program the clifford pager? I no nothing about security systems so please take it easy on me. I'm learning.

The instructions on the back of the package make little sense to me. Do I have to program each command separately or is there a one step programming that will program the buttons all at once. BTW - I don't have the remote start one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
only problem with both of these remotes is that they scratch do god damn easily...i installed my RSX 3.5 about 3 months ago and my remote looks like i took brillo and sandpaper to the clear plastic (the CF is fine)...and i only have one key on the ring and dont carry a ton of stuff the could scratch it in my pocket...anyone know how to fix and protect this very fragile plastic?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Use clear packing tape as a screen guard. When it gets scratched up, peel and replace it.

I have a palm pda and cut some of those plastic screen protectors to fit the remote's screen.

I also do this to my mobile phone's screens.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Mazman on Mar/11/04 said:
I have a palm pda and cut some of those plastic screen protectors to fit the remote's screen.

I also do this to my mobile phone's screens.
yeah ive been meaning to get some PDA guards...but since i have alread let it get scratched up, i need to fix it before i cover it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.