Team Integra Forums banner

VIDEO: Fuel problem & questions/opinions

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  jjkz24 
#1 ·
UPDATE:
I finally got the fuel working and i took a video of it.

Here's help/opinions i need on what's going on. Had to spend $3/ea. for a f*n washer from Acura.
Installed it on fuel filter and end of fuel rail.

Tightened everything up, and the only problem now is my fpr guage.
Look at the video. I have the vacuum hose on and the needle is around 44psi. When i took off vaccum, it went up to 61psi.

You'll see me play with it, and the psi i set it at 59. I place the vacuum hose back in and it now is at 43psi.

What do you guys think? I don't know if it's still messed up, if it's reading wrong, or a malfunction. O2 sensors work, only a few months old.

Any hints?

VIDEO:
tHE videeeo

See less See more
#2 ·
Btw, if this works, I'll end up selling my AEM fuel rail, and keep the b20 fuel rail as my replacement. only reason i got that fuel rail was because it was the only fuel rail i could find locally.

So my setup would be:
*AEM fpr
*Stock b20 fuel rail
*Prelude 270cc injectors
*Fpr guage

#7 ·
Wow...love the help i got here

only 1 person help me out on this important matter.

Either way, didn't even use the fuel rail i received and just stock to the current setup.
All i did was take out the fpr guage from the fuel filter and used the fuel filter screw.
And put the guage onto my fuel rail instead. Now it's reading around 52psi. However, it's not really accurate.
I had the screw on the fpr all the way up and the needle was shaking around 20psi. So when i twisted it, it was moving normal, however after 40psi it started to shake a little, and i had to make 2 full twists after 40psi to raise it to at least 50psi.

So i'll hit up my mechanic tomorrow and see what he can tell me. I put teflon tape at the tip of the screws, so i know everything is secure.

Anyways, thanks again for the help TI...errr hmm, meant skaterdude_10.

#11 ·
Factory pressure? Really no such thing. If you ask people they'll give you a range of a specific B series engine.

I.e. a b18c1 and c5 would range approximately from 45psi-55psi. (That's just an avg. assumption of what it may be).
Than an LS/RS/GS motor would obviously be lower than the psi i mentioned above.

**The reason you up the psi a bit is for all the parts you start adding to it.
I've mostly upped the psi because i have stg.1 cams and most of my intake system is done.

I guess once i get a dyno/tune it'll be more accurate...

#13 ·
krayziefresh on Sep/01/07 said:
My PSI is 45 but when i start the car it drops to 38, is this too low??
To be honest wit u, i dunno?
If you've noticed, i asked for help when i first started this thread, had over 80 views, and only 1 personal has been helpful on this.

So, i honestly am just going with the feeling of the car. I played with it a little, and if you look at the video, i had it at 59psi (w/out vacuum hose), and once i put it on it went down to 43psi (w/ hose).
Mechanic told me that when you plan on adjusting the fpr, you need to do it without hose. So obviously once you put the hose on with that set psi, it will drop.

As long as you're not running lean nor too rich, and you can somehow find a midpoint, than you'll be fine.

#17 ·
man o man lol i love the help u get bro...but first off ur video is a lil..umm bright id say. lol and i ahve the same fuel rail and regulator as u, and i gots a b20 block with a b18c head. (do u have the aem fuel filter, i couldnt tell?) i do and i put the b&m gauge on top the fuel filter, thats the best place to have, i mean i have one on the rail to plug the hole but it doesnt work cuz the rail pops em like theres no 2marrow! they will go bad being on ur rail like that for too long, so i gots my on the filter. And yes with the vacuum (as it should be lol) the psi for a stock system on a gsr is 39psi. I have what u have but ive only set it to 42psi. (enough for my set up) I dont have a larger fuel pump or injectors nor internals etc..
But ya i dont see what the problem is with ur system, of course its gonna jump when u disconnect the vacuum hose. seriously 59psi is a bunch, almost too much, id stick with 50-53 at most, but its ur car, idk how much youve built on it and what ur running but ya i dont see too much wrong with u car, how is it responding when driven?

#18 ·
Here's my all motor setup (not consisting of tranny, suspension, etc.):
Comptech sri w/ box
JG/Edelbrock tb
Blox IM
AEM fpr & fuel rail
B&M fpr guage
Prelude 270cc injectors
Blox stage1 camshafts
Skunk2 valve train
Skunk2 cam gears
JG/Edelbrock header
Flowmonster cat
Mugen full exhaust system
***No tuning done yet***

Update:
Well yesterday i had it set at 58psi (w/out vacuum hose), then (w/ vacuum hose) it was at 42psi.
After i felt everything was secure i went ahead and reset my ecu. Let it run for 10min. Shut it off, than drove it. It didn't struggle this time to turn it on, nor did it feel like it was consuming too much fuel.
Anyways, put $20 worth of gas in, and took it with my friend. I swear to God it jumped after 6kRPM. My buddy freaked out, was funny, but was open road.
I don't smell that it's too rich, and don't feel that it's too lean. I think where i have it set is decent.

And the reason i say the needle shakes is not when i take vacuum hose off, it's when i'm adjusting it and it goes past 40psi that the needle starts to shake like crazy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.