Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i stumbled across a vertical rise door kit at asylumms.com only for a civic... *SCREAMS*.!!!!

can someone tell me there's one for the teg also.?!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Whoa, that looks pretty nice. But the price tag is insane: $1700?? It claims to be a bolt-on kit; it probably has nothing more than a few brackets and two gas-lift struts. Surely someone else can make something similar and undercut their price.

It'd be nice if someone could get some close-up photos of one of these Lambo door setups.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
delorean for 5 grand? not if you want it to run...

the people that still try to run DMC are restoring them and selling for around 60 grand, even the e-bay sh*ts are high, and there's no guarantee on their condition, and parts are hella hard to get--can only get them from the same place... i'll stick to my teg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you guys/gals see the Hybrid Integra in this month's issue of Import Tuner. It had BMW headlights, and tailights an MR2. It also had the vertical doors. They gave a reference to some guy in Cali that does them. No number given or address, just a name. Here is the link check it out if you haven't yet: Integra Hybrid

·
Registered
69 Posts
Taken from IT article:

Now, a little bit of history. The 1954 Mercedes-Benz SL Coupe was the first production car to utilize gullwing-style doors. The doors were always considered a radical concept and never took to mass production very well. Perhaps the most memorable production car to sport this treatment was the DMC-12, the car that made DeLorean a household name (before DeLorean himself went to jail) and helped to make "Back To The Future" a hit movie. But enough about the past--let's look forward into the future at the next generation of mobile technology and street weaponry.

As you may recall, we previously featured an Eclipse with the gullwing-door treatment and, as your letters and e-mail attest, it caught everyone's eye. Well, consider this part two of that man's handiwork; the same person, Sean Bernardo, did the deed on the doors of this car as well. Unfortunately, we weren't given explicit permission to publish his contact information--you'll just have to call around Northern California to find him.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This was taken from questdex online. I wonder if this is a match:

BERNARDO SEAN
11556 216TH ST LAKEWOOD CA (562) 468-0163

Excuse me...are you the guy that does the Gullwing doors? Hmmmm......

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
It's not really that ugly. The CRX on the other hand.... Or the Aztek for that matter... The Delorean is just dated. It totally looks like a very early '80s kind of car. There are worse looking cars being made today.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
my friends, family, and honered guest...these kits are very exspensive...for actual lambo style there must be extra width added to the door runner board thing and that must be painted, your doors must be moddified to go outward then up...these kits on line are different then actual lambo doors but similar they do not require the labor in adding extra body attachments...they are cheaper because they are different, they use gas shocks just like lambo doors but different because the gas shocks in these kits are put into your floor board as in actual lambo style the lambo door have the gas shocks in the door hinge area...more to come...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yeah, the Volvo powered DeLorean was pretty weak, despite the fact that it was stainless steel, mid-engined and made in Ireland...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts