Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make a post to show off my latest project which was making vents from my turn signals. I know alot of you have seen this on SCCA cars and other race cars. I simply liked the vent when I came across it on other cars and wanted to make them. Unlike some others I relocated the blinker light bulb and the bulb holder to the place of the running light. Yes the vent is made of carbon fiber, and I know the pics are rough but what can you do..I am very satisfied with the outcome and wanted to share and humble myself to your feedback.

Oh and I have never made a post for my car so I wanted to include this one of my engine.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't duct this to my intake yet because I don't know the exact route of my intercooler pipes. In a few months I hope to have that under control but for now I will just enjoy my new styling.

Oh before anyone asks. No, I am not concerned with water in any way.

Kickerguy, I repainted the valve cover and sanded down the portion that is polished, thats 1200 grit sand paper + mothers metal polish + lots of time = a slightly better looking valve cover and fingers that feel near broken.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will try and take some better pictures up close, digital cameras are good sometimes but I prefer a real camera the quality of pictures is alot better. In other words these were all digi pics I will try and put some real pics up soon some closer up and what not.. Oh and i haven't decided what to do with the driver side ven, I think i might just route them both to the engine bay to keep it cool.

I'm actually working on an article for what i call "the best sub box for an integra", I will post a pic shortly.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
very nice, i give mad props to those willing to do things before others attempt it and such a cool project at that. I've been looking for something like this actually so that i can run one straight to my intake. I gotta say good job! I might hafta copy you on this one

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tincam84 on Feb/19/04 said:
just take some pics w/ ur digi cam of close ups!!! i dont care so much as to how they look, i want to know if u can route it to ur brakes fairly easy like the jdm rsx's.
well I took my passenger side fender off tonight because on my way home today the increased air flow forced my poorly secured fender liner under my tire... the worst part i was on the interstate doing 100+mph. My fender looked like a sardine tin. I managed to fix the fender and i can tell you that yes you could easily route the vent to the brakes like the rsx you would just have to take into consideration the turning radius. Oh and just so anyone who is interested in this knows, I didn't have the front portion of the fender liners secured to the bumper they were just tucked in because I was in a hurry to reassemble my car. Here is a closer pic..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
95db8GSR on Feb/19/04 said:
Quote: aznspeedracer32 on Feb/19/04question is, where did you get raw carbon fiber from, and for how much? i'd like some to mess around with.
nice work.
resin kits
and
carbon material

try it, it's not hard to make basic parts, but don't expect to be making hoods unless u know about molds and vacuum bagging
I don't buy from these links, the stuff i buy is professional grade you can find it at
Fibreglast.com

the materials reflect the parts you make, so its normally money well spent, even at $60.00 a yard

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have powerslot rotors, they are silver cadmium plated.. they don't rust. But even if they weren't, stock brakes rust naturally due to the mild-ness of the metal, in other words they would rust regardless of cooling vents or not.

Powerslot

·
Super Moderator
14,200 Posts
Can people in coming at you see the blinker?

integralove00 on Feb/19/04 said:
Oh and i haven't decided what to do with the driver side vent, I think i might just route them both to the engine bay to keep it cool.
Brake vents?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.