Team Integra Forums banner

Venom 400 module

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  MichaelDelaney 
#1 ·
I just bought a '96 Integra SE (non-VTEC) and will soon be adding an AEM cold air intake. I've been reading up on ECU piggyback modules, and was wondering if the Venom 400 actually gives as much power as they claim in their adds (I think they said it gave a 15% horsepower increase). Will this work as well for non-VTEC as well as VTEC engines? Does it do as good a job as other similarly priced systems? What other upgrades, if any, should I do before I get something like the Venom 400.

Any info on this system would be very helpful.

#2 ·
venom 400 won't do much for added hp. They're hp claims are total BS. If I were you I'd put that money towards upgrading your exhaust system.

#5 ·
Like Swiftllamagone said....
HP GAIN: ZEEEEERO!!!!

Mike D. answered this one....i think he said the module tricks the ecu to think that the accelerater pedal is further down than it actually is....so if u just put ur foot down all the way when u wanna race....there is no difference!
hope that helps.

#7 ·
I know this is an old thread but just out of curiousity, i heard somewhere that the module tricks the ecu into thinking that the engine is cold, thus tricking it into alowing more air and fuel into the mixture, yet i didnt quite see how this works so i didnt quite believe it. I wanted to run by some other people and see what they had to say about it. Either way when the engine is cold does it take in more air and fuel than when its hot? And where did they find the info saying that the module tricks the ecu into thinking that the accelroater pedal is further down than it really is? Just wondering thats all.

#8 ·
JayDawg1039 on Nov/01/02 said:
And where did they find the info saying that the module tricks the ecu into thinking that the accelroater pedal is further down than it really is? Just wondering thats all.
There used to be a graph on Python Injection's web site that showed the relationship of TPS input by the driver versus the modified TPS signal of the V400. So once you get a shade more than 1/2 throttle, the ECU is seeing WOT. once you're at WOT, you can't go any further.

It's a smoke and mirrors affect, from a perfromance standpoint.

If you call Python Injection and ask "how much peek power will I make with this unit," you'll hear the guy stammer for words then say "it's good for daily driving."

#9 ·
are you saying that I shouldn't believe everything I read in the magazines or what a salesperson is telling me ? are you saying I shouldn't ask myself what are they NOT saying about this product that is RELEVANT? you're shattering my perception of reality man....I thought all the magazine articles, sales pitches, and advertising had full disclosure and were truthful...

sometimes sarcasm works....

#10 ·
i sell venom products but do not have the venom 400 on my vehicle so i cannot vouch for any claims of hp made. i can however call venom directly and ask questions, they may give the answer we want to hear but i WILL tell you what they say. i can vouch for what i have personally(nitrous) but nothing else because i dont have any other venom products. but this post isnt about nitrous so ill shut up and listen to any questions you want me to ask venom.

#11 ·
Its a scam. Their betting on you're ass/wallet dyno telling you it added as much hp as they said, when really all its doing is sitting their laughing at you because really you'd be better of plugging a 6 speed blender into you're ecu. Yeah, a blender.

#12 ·
I have seriously always thought that the venom module would be good for elderly people that are always driving so slow, maybe they cant push the pedal down hard enough.

#15 ·
this raises an interesting question. can't venom be sued for false advertisement if they cant produce a product that lives up to its claims. If in fact it doesnt do anything than in fact we have been fooled and than are intitled to some sort of compenstaion. Everyone is saying that it doesnt add any extra horses when it claims to add up too 25% between the 1000 and 5000 rpm range and if its not doing that than is that not false advertisement. Just food for thought i suppose. what do you guys think.

#17 ·
But think about it. My dog is pretty fat, very dumb, and always happy. Whats better, ignorant bliss or informed, umm, non-bliss. Thats where transcendentalists come in I guess. You know, the guys that live out in the woods and stare at ants, and badgers, and trees all day, with a big dumb smile on their face (well, not exactly, but thats the idea). Mareswell get a lobotomy. I think I'll stick with 15lbs of boost as my ticket to happiness.

This is what happens when you get an english teacher that spends a month talking about guys that like living in the woods...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.