Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a pretty loud valve tick coming from under the hood. just wondering if this is serious or if i can just ignore it.the car has 130,000+ miles on it.

tick,tick,tick,tick......

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 190,000 Km on mine and have a noticible tick...if it's the injectors, is it a big deal?

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I've never heard of injectors being the cause of the ticking. Could you elaborate as to why you think so? Please?

·
Registered
206 Posts
used to have a pinging sound at probably 60k miles and we just ran the Integra with premium gas for a little while and it eventually went away

dunno if it's the same thing but you never know?

·
Registered
278 Posts
just go to a garage and get the valves adjusted.... i had that same sounds, did mine, no its gone... plus i always use 94 octane so its not the injectors by anymeans

·
Registered
199 Posts
when they are talking about injectors it is nothing bad or that you used bad gas. they are talking about the clicking sound they make when they open and close - perfectly normal.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
skrewloose37 on Jul/09/02 said:
when they are talking about injectors it is nothing bad or that you used bad gas. they are talking about the clicking sound they make when they open and close - perfectly normal.
exactly. Mike d explained it somewhere

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
AHHHHHHHH!!!! not the Haynes Manual! pos! I TRIED TO DO IT, HAD THE VALVE COVER OFF AND THEN IT SAID TO ROTATE THE DRIVESHAFT.!?!! I was like WTF, nowhere did it say I had to lift the car, take off the driverside wheel, get a big a$$ socket and bar to turn the friggin driveshaft. it just says turn it. there are a LOT or discrepancies in the POS manual that "experienced" mechanics can just overlook but us amatures get halfway into a project then have to put it all back together cuz we need to drive our cars to a lift bay then start over. that doesnt even get into the "special tools" you need for certain jobs. HELMS all the way. it is Ultra detailed, toque specs and drawings for everything, plus all special tools including thier Part Number! AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I used the Haynes manual to adjust the valves on mine. But as usual if I need help I call my brother.
I have the Helms now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts