Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im in the process of reassembling my head, and at a glance springs look the same, have no markings, but at a closer look it appears they may not be identical on both ends.... anyone know?

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i mean..... its all going together.... but im wondering if some springs might be in diff then others? are these springs biased more towards one side, or will it matter which way they go(they sit on keepers, and the correct keeper is on top)

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
this is where a Helms manual pays for itself.

the end with the closely wound coils sits on the "bottom" (or closest to the head).

A diagram is much easier than using words and if you have a manual just refer to their diagram.

you need to have a spring compressor btw.

do you have all of your clearances and installed heights to check yet?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
95SilverBullet on Feb/24/04 said:
lol..... before i put these last 2 valve springs in ? anyone got an answer?
you won't be laughing too much, if you have the wrong installed height, rocker to retainer clearances, etc. and the valve hits a piston or you chew your cam lobes and rockers or your seats get pounded flat prematurely with nice mushroomed valvefaces...in the end your own arrogance bites you in the ass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.