Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. After & during my tune we came to realize my valve stem seals are pretty worn & torn & is the reason it'll smoke at idle.. So as I'm changing the valve stem seals, I'm using the air compression trick. 1st one went fine, 2nd didn't due to my dad's fault & partly mine. Valve fell threw the guide halfway down but got stopped by piston since it's at tdc.. Have tried to get it with a few tricks but nothing.. Moved on to the next one on piston 2, & when I set my psi on the air I didn't realize it was slowly losing air & by the time I was pushing the new seal on the valve it was too late & shot down, w/ piston 2 not at tdc it fell down into piston chamber completely out of valve guide unlike the other. I'm doing this with the engine in the car obviously & was wondering if anyone has had this happen & if they have any tricks w/out taking off the head? They're on the exhaust side & was thinking of taking off exh. manifold and trying to use something to line it up w/ guide & slowly push it up. Have read of some people doing this and how it's possible but can be a pain but also better than taking off head.. Has anyone done this on the B18s or similar? Or got any other ideas? Plz and thank you!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're going to need to pull the head. You're not getting that valve without doing so, unfortunately. Removing it is not difficult, and fairly easy.
Yeah I figured I'd probably have to, but might try couple other Lil tricks that don't take long and see if I get lucky. And was just wondering if anyone else has been in my shoes and was able to get it without pulling head. It's just such a bummer cus I was really hoping to get this done so I can be back on the Rd since I literally just got her tuned and ready to drive safely and wanted to get some good miles on her b4 it starts constantly raining.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But if there's anyone else out their that has tried it thru the exhaust or intake port and was successful or was successful with any other trick plz lmk! Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts