Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock C1 valve cover is peeling like crazy and it looks so cheap. I purchased some enamal paint markers today and filled in the black and went over the DOHC VTEC and Honda Motor Co with red paint.

I would like to get a new valve cover but what do you guys think of this until I find one?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Take off the valve cover and paint it using the article. That's what I'd do. OR, you could go to a junk yard and try to find another valve cover. And please dont go with those aftermarket valve covers, they look nice but they are SOOO expensive.

·
Registered
724 Posts
good job... i was thinking about painting mine.. but I was always afraid some random object was going to get lodged in my engine and kill my teg :(

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would re-paint this one but the DOHC VTEC is not shiny and smooth. Its pitted and nasty, so I will only put an OEM C1 cover on it. Just have to find one.

As for the high temp paint, yeah I have to see what happens now. I drove it before and it was ok, but im sure something will happen. Just thought it would be cool to expirement. Sorry about the orange look and the spots.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Because the DOHC VTEC part is shot as well. I want it to look like it should when it was new. I did this as a tempory thing to take away from the peeling and pitted look until I can get a new one. Wanted to see if others liked it or not.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
haha, Chris why are you stressing out about it? If it still pulls hard, I say screw how it looks haha.

·
Registered
698 Posts
midwesta on Mar/05/04 said:
why wouldnt you just paint it black instead of buyin a whole new one, seems kind of a waste.

Quote: Furious94LS on Mar/05/04 Because the DOHC VTEC part is shot as well. I want it to look like it should when it was new.
I say you should try painting the entire cover, including the letters, in the black crinkle paint Honda uses from the factory (or a similar paint) and then just use a q-tip with paint thinner and something to scrape the paint off the letters. Then you would have the black cover and the silver, polished letters; just a suggestion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts