Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
869 Posts
With a breather in place you are going to lose PCV (Positive crankcase ventilation). There used to be a great thread explaining why this is bad, but it's gone now. I did manage to find a decent explanation on the site:
http://www.hastingsfilter.com/engineering/tsb_94-2r.html

Here is a portion of what it had to say.

"A neglected PCV system will soon fail to function and the result can be expensive as well as troublesome for the car owner. If the crankcase is not adequately ventilated, the motor oil will quickly become contaminated and heavy sludge accumulations will begin to form. Internal parts, not protected by the motor oil, will begin to rust and/or corrode due to the water and acids that will become trapped within the crankcase. If the PCV system is not functioning properly, the flow of crankcase vapor into the intake manifold will not be properly metered. This, in turn, will upset the fuel/air mixture for combustion and cause rough idling or even stalling of the engine. Furthermore, intake and exhaust valves, in addition to spark plugs, may well be burned and rendered useless, prematurely affecting performance and requiring expensive repairs. To assure trouble-free performance of the PCV system and, in turn, the engine and vehicle, routine maintenance of the PCV system is absolutely recommended and required."

Hope that helps you out.

EDIT: Geez I'm slow.
Anyhow that was the post I was thinking of.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.