Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a b20 head on my b18b engine. Does anybody know the valve clearances for the b20 head? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
br1t1shguy on Jan/31/04 said:
the b20 head is 100% identical to a b18b head. Thus they are the same.

So the combustion chamber bore is exactly the same on the b20 vs the b18 heads?

Just want to double check because I'm thinking about boring out my b18b block to 84mm and use my LS head, and I'm wondering if the LS head's combustion chamber bore would have to be bored out to match the block's new 84mm bore.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
So the combustion chamber bore is exactly the same on the b20 vs the b18 heads?

Yes, with the exception of the rare P8R head.

Quote: Just want to double check because I'm thinking about boring out my b18b block to 84mm and use my LS head, and I'm wondering if the LS head's combustion chamber bore would have to be bored out to match the block's new 84mm bore.
Spotfacing and deshrouding the valves definetly is a good idea.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Are the B20 heads not spotfaced from the factory? B20 already has a bigger bore than the B18 doesn't it? I thought the deshrouding step was when you used a B18 head on a 84-85 mm bore.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Nope, with the exception of the very rare P8R head the B20 heads are simply P75 castings (B18B non-vtec head) with slightly less aggressive cams.

The chamber is still 81mm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hello I have a similar problem.... didn't want to start a new tread and this is the closest one to my problem.

I swapped my b18b head for a b18a due to the head gasket needing replacement. I used my b18b cams on the b18a head.
the question is what valve lash specs do I use? b18a or b18b?
also are the rocker arms the same between the A and he B?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts