Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a b18b and did a valve adjustment today. I followed the firing order of 1, 3 , 4 , 2.
set the pully to tdc and the cam marks we’re facing up on #1 cyl towards the exhaust for #3, facing down for #4 and towards the intake for #2 on compression stroke.
put intake lash at .004 (Factory=.003-.005)
Exhaust at .007
(Factory=.006-.008)
When I started my car it was ticking like crazy even when it got to temp. So it must be to loose. Engine has 140k on it, so my question is, should I put the clearance to .003 intake and .006 exhaust????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your specs are right. Something is probably still loose though. Just go back through the sequence again. Sometimes the cam lobe follower/lifters get a little sticky with carbon & old oil. So make sure when you are sticking your feeler gauges in that the lifters aren't binding. Just give the lifters a little wiggle while you're checking the clearance. And then make sure the locknuts are tight when you're done. (20ftlbs or so I think).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I went back and redid it and the exhaust was loose on all the valves. Now I got them adjusted correctly. I also did plugs and wire, cap and rotor and fuel filter. And now my idle is low and seems to be misfiring at idle. No cel and I checked gap on plugs and there at 0.44.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m thinking that’s what happened. Sense no one responded in time I ended up doing them again and they were way loose. Got it all fixed now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts