Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some info on things that I have found. A lot of people have been posting things about cars almost stolen or cars that got stolen. This may help all of us out and Im thinking we should start a group buy. What do you guys think of the following products?

Back up battery with built in car alarm
Screaming at 128 db the siren continues to blare until a special key is placed.
*Compatible with any car alarm
*Easy to install-in minutes (only four wires)
*Battery is built into the siren and charges itself.
*2 keys included and can be used alone or with an existing alarm.

Glass Sensor
*Detects any attempt of penetration or crack your windows.
*Can be added to existing alarm.

Radar Proximity Motion Sensor
*Designed to sense motion or movement within the vehicle's interior
*Provides a pre-warning output for movement outside the vehicle.
*Uses a microwave frequency to detect field disturbance within a contained area
*It's designed to be part of an automobile alarm system.

Keypad Combination Digital Starter Kill
*Works with or without an alarm system.
*Easy to install on any car or motorcycle.
*No one will be able to start your car without entering the 4-digit combination code (even if they have the key!)
*Can be installed into any vehicle.

DEI Hood lock
*Prevents thieves from cutting your alarm siren by locking the hood securely.
*This even comes with a starter disable relay so that no one can hotwire your car.

DEI 507T Car alarm Digital Tilt/Motion Sensor (on eBay)
*With full trigger programmable by dip switches, registers between 1 and 3 degrees of tilt and 4 degrees of motion.
*Off, low, medium, and high.
*3 wire install (ground/arm/trigger) interfaces and diode isolates with other sensors.

Dont forget the hood cable relocation and fuel cut-off articles here on TI.

If there are people interested, maybe we can do a group buy on this. If interested, I can try and contact the company selling the items for a cheaper price if they agree to a group buy. If you want in, PM or post here. My email is: [email protected]

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
Its apparent this thread took a while to look up and research, but sorry, gotta throw in my 2 cents:
jdmkraziestyles on Apr/17/04 said:
Back up battery with built in car alarm
Yes, this piece is good advice

Quote: jdmkraziestyles on Apr/17/04 Glass Sensor
There's a reason why these sensors are not very common, they false like crazy as they are bad to differentiate between what is supposed to set it off and what isn't

Quote: jdmkraziestyles on Apr/17/04 Radar Proximity Motion Sensor
If you have metalized window tinting, it basically renders this piece useless as it, (1) blocks the field, (2) prone to falsing

Quote: jdmkraziestyles on Apr/17/04 Keypad Combination Digital Starter Kill
Very easy to bypass, just get at the wires to the piece at the keypad or the other end, and cut and splice together, it'd take even the amatuer-ist of thieves just a few seconds to get around this.... besides the fact, on a manual tranny, starter kill is pointless (push start)
Quote: jdmkraziestyles on Apr/17/04 DEI Hood lock
does a good job locking down the hood, but, if your battery dies, you are so f**ked, as you can't even get under the hood to jump the car... simply relocating the hood cable (which costs nuthin') is a better solution
Quote: jdmkraziestyles on Apr/17/04 DEI 507T Car alarm Digital Tilt/Motion Sensor
Good concept for a piece, and i have had this exact piece, but it was prone to falsing......

Sorry man, i just had to say what i felt on all this stuff from my experience

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Z, thanks for the input on this. So the backup alarm is a good thing. As for the radar proximity sensor, what do you mean by metalize tint and the tilt motion sensor is no good at all? You said you have it, so what happend since its prone to falsing? What do you mean by that?

In other words, the back up alarm is the only thing you recommend?

·
Registered
91 Posts
What do you guys think of this? It's called the POWERLOCK. Says it can stop the car from being stolen.. Heres a list of how it compares to your standard audible alarm, or Lojack equivalent.

And this picture here, it's just funny. (Sorry to say.) It shows your typical mullet-styling thief, actually admitting that POWERLOCK works. Hahahahahah.

But seriously guys, what do you think?

*edit* It seems pretty cheap too, $229.00 for the Touch Key system and $269.00 for the Hands-Free transponder deal. Those prices excluding labor, etc...

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
OT but the powerlock site has a RSX for the car picture

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
you know I just went on that site for that power lock thing and I read the bottm chart on all types of security devices. I noticed they didn't mention the Multi-lock shiftlock aka Chapman lock. I must say if there a device that you are looking for in paricular it should be this one. Theives cannot put the car in gear whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
besides a starters electrical design is pretty simple...if they pop the hood and have the ignition hotwired...all they have to do is have a positive wire to arc the starter with and that device is useless from what it looks like....

·
Registered
246 Posts
so is there anything else we can do to our cars other than fuelutoff and relocation of hood latch wire? im starting to get very paraniod now.

·
Administrator
43,018 Posts
jdmkraziestyles on Apr/17/04 said:
Hey Z, thanks for the input on this. So the backup alarm is a good thing. As for the radar proximity sensor, what do you mean by metalize tint and the tilt motion sensor is no good at all? You said you have it, so what happend since its prone to falsing? What do you mean by that?

In other words, the back up alarm is the only thing you recommend?
Theres basically two kinds of window tint, metalized and non metalized... the non stuff is the cheap stuff that turns purple over time, the good stuff is actually lined with metal.... those radar sensors basically go through all but metal, because betal reflects and refracts the waves it sends out.... this leads to lots of false alarms...

the tilt sensor is a great idea, but from personal experience, it had falsed a lot.....

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Great thread, getting more info on things I am considering. The battery backup siren seems like a must. I'd like some more info on that one.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
teg01ls on Apr/17/04 said:
What do you guys think of this? It's called the POWERLOCK. Says it can stop the car from being stolen..
Selection from that site:

--------------------------------

ACURA INTEGRA TYPE R

Street Story - Integra Theft Attempt
August 27, 2001

Some of you have heard of one of our customers named David in Connecticut. He has had a series of losses from theft including a high performance street bike and a previous 1997 Acura Integra Type R which he only had for 3 days before it was hot-wired and stolen. When he bought another Type R last October to replace the one stolen, he installed PowerLock after thorough research on the internet. He added three additional layers with two AutoLocks (for the brake and clutch pedals) as well as outfitting the vehicle with LoJack.

I was out of town this weekend and came home about 11pm Saturday night to the following message on my business answering machine: "Kenton, this is David in Connecticut… my car was stolen from in front of my house tonight… please call me as soon as you can." It was after midnight his time, so I e-mailed him my home phone and asked him to call me first thing Sunday morning.

He called Sunday afternoon about 3:30 pm very excited. He said, "I thought it was gone, but it was recovered a couple of blocks away… this PowerLock is awesome!" As it turned out, the thief (or thieves) "Slim Jim'ed" the driver's door to gain entry, bent the clutch pedal sideways to circumvent the AutoLock, broke out the ignition switch in the column and attempted to hot-wire it - which was without success. According to investigators at the scene of the recovery, they then put it in neutral and pushed the car a block down a cross-street to a downhill slope on a street that runs parallel to David's and rolled it down the hill to pop the clutch - which was unsuccessful because of the additional fuel circuit protection on the PowerLock.

At that point, they abandoned the theft attempt and left it to be recovered with the LoJack device a short time later. David, who is a plumber by trade, then asked if he could promote PowerLock in Connecticut and New York in his spare time. He thought he would just leave the column all torn up - with the ignition switch dangling - and use his car as a demonstration of how effective PowerLock is in the real world.

This incident is another confirmation that, when it comes to where the rubber meets the road in vehicle theft prevention, PowerLock lives up to its claim: "The Ultimate Vehicle Anti-theft System".
- Kenton R. Cowdry

--------------------------------

Nice story, but who in their right mind would just leave a Type-R as a "model" for a security measure to promote business with em? Wish I had money like that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i installed that same POWERLOCK system installed in my car like a month after i bought the car. My first car, a 98 GS was stolen after 3 months of driving it and did a lot of research to get another teg with much better and useful security system. i read that same article pictured above with the stripped teg and the thief and how they say that it is foolproof. i've had for a year now and have had no complaints so far with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts