Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
just t into a vacumn port on the back on the intake,
check and see if you are pulling vacumn at idle and if you are not running boost than when you are at full throttle than it should go to zero
don't t into the fuel regulator line though, or they make a piece that goes into the brake booster line with 3 nipples on it for vacumn (ie: fmu, blow off valve, boost gauge)

·
Registered
103 Posts
lol, cut the vacuum line off ur Feul Pressure Regulator (the bronze looking bell thing on ur feul rail) put the T that comes with the boost gauge in and then pull a gromet out of ur firewall and then route it up through to where u want it

·
Registered
581 Posts
yes it is the same, all a boost gauge does is measure boost, some boost gauges have vacumn and boost so they read both

why are you installing just a vacumn gauge? the only reason i can think is for trying to get the best gas mileage (i know older cars used to do this)

i would suggest not t ing into the fuel pressure reg. since that could possibly have a adverise affect on you car (just a possibility).

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mindlessracing on Jan/29/06 said:
yes it is the same, all a boost gauge does is measure boost, some boost gauges have vacumn and boost so they read both

why are you installing just a vacumn gauge? the only reason i can think is for trying to get the best gas mileage (i know older cars used to do this)

i would suggest not t ing into the fuel pressure reg. since that could possibly have a adverise affect on you car (just a possibility).
yea trying to get better gas mileage

·
Registered
17 Posts
mindlessracing on Jan/29/06 said:
just t into a vacumn port on the back on the intake,
check and see if you are pulling vacumn at idle and if you are not running boost than when you are at full throttle than it should go to zero
don't t into the fuel regulator line though, or they make a piece that goes into the brake booster line with 3 nipples on it for vacumn (ie: fmu, blow off valve, boost gauge)

where do you get this piece you are talking about? whats it called? vacuum block?
a piece that goes into the brake booster with 3 nipples on it for vacuum

·
Registered
581 Posts
k man,
dont bump your thread so much, check on here there is probably a thread about hooking one up. you should be able just to go off any vac. on the intake. you should be able to pick up a vacumn block on ebay or golden eagle sells them.

two ways of doing it,

a plastic t that you can buy at any parts store that just ts into a vacumn line and run another line to your guage

or the dist. block is what they call it. mine is from ati but it came with my ati procharger kit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i dont know if this helps but i have a gsr and if your looking at the intake manifold, on the right there is a piece sticking out where a line goes and i hooked my boost gauge there and on the fuel regulator.. it works fine for me.. im not boosted but it reads vaccum too. i had it on there for like 4 months then all you have to do is run the line where you want it..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.