Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got done installing my V2 today, I'll Try to post some pics when I'm Not working, prolly Monday. Just wanted to say I'm very satisfied! Power increase highly noticable from 3-5k RPMs, and after V-TEC Kicks in, WOW!, that thing is louder than my moms old Hoover Vacum. I Can't really compare it to anything, because I've never had a CAI before, but you can hear suck through the dual chambers and rumble like crazy when it gets in the higher RPM's.

Installation took me a couple hours, I was doing it Myself, and have never put one on before. But the instructions were clear, and the hardest part was that darn engine mount and getting those darn bolts loose, other than that it went in pretty easy.

---------------------------------------------------------

* Moderator Edit:

Michael (from KY),

This thread was moved from the Performance Forum to the Gen 3 Forum. There is a thread pinned to the top of the Performance forum stating why we no longer dwell on intakes mainly because most people in the modifying scene want to grow past just the intake and learn more since there is so much more important info to learn.

But obviously you feel the need to refocus our attention back on intakes and in particular, this brand of intake which has been out for over 1 year.

Before we proceed any further with this thread, can we all answer this more important topic as a community of enthusiasts passionate about Integras?:

Do we need another "AEM V2 impression and install" thread here?

2 prior threads on AEM V2 Install here by entering "AEM V2" and "install" in the search window, use Forum Topics option

Prior Threads on AEM V2 Impressions by Members:

AEM CAI V2 review with pics (3 pages)

AEM CAI V2?! (7 pages)

There are several "no bypass for V2" threads here as well.

Yes we have forums for discussions so that everyone benefits from info to help each other. TI is not picking on you but please tell us this, what new info do we all gain by talking about the same thing over and over ? Is it likely that your setup is any different from the many other Integras with AEM V2's that have already been reported on the web and not just this site?
Is there anything that you will add that hasn't already been discussed in the intake tech articles and prior V2 threads?

What are we to benefit from having this RE-discussed on our site ?

This is for the purpose of improving the site and members registering on it so that they take their Teg to the next level (pun intended). We respect freedom of speech in a democratic society but do we all benefit from hitting the rewind button and playing the same message over again and again and not "moving forward"?

thanks,
MD

·
Registered
167 Posts
Harsh Moderator Edit

I don't see this post any more -USELESS- than the tons of "how do these rims look"and "like my body kit ?"in which such post i see on here contantly and are a bit annoying.

-just my 2 cents

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
b18c1Tuner on Feb/01/04 said:
Harsh Moderator Edit
I don't see this post any more useless than the tons of "how do these rims look"and such post i see on here contantly.-just my 2 cents
Well a guy cant get opinions on his rims by looking at other peoples threads about their rims, but you can definetly get the same information in these threads in the ones that have come before it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, Talk about being shot down. We have a thread talking about cars in the fast and furious but i cant post about installing a new intake on my gsr, My bad if it went against the rules of the board, I didnt think i was violating anything, i was trying to provide some answers to anyones questions about the V2 and if it was worth it. I Couldnt find anything about peoples opinions about the V2 all i Found was use the search, use the search. I searched and all i got was the v2 doesnt have a bypass valve and everyone *****ing about that.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
well how come when I entered AEM V2 using the simplest way to enter in the search , I got all those threads I listed (that's why I listed them.)? just because you said you searched doesn't mean the info isn't already here.

there is no "violation" that you broke here.
rather than just talking about something we already dealt with for 10 pages before, I thought we could take the opportunity to make good use of the site's space.your thread topic is a great poster child for what we don't want in the performance forum but here's the chance for the members to say what they want.

I'm asking the more experienced members about whether there's any use to talking about the same topics over and over again. Can we focus on that instead please?

We want this place to be progressive and not regressive and always talking about old news.

do you want this place (in the performance forum) to be a "how do my rims look" kind of place?

I'm asking the members who have been here awhile for whether they want us to leave these repeated post topics up to clutter the forums like the other honda forums.

Do you want to be held back ?

Sorry I'm not asking the fly by nighters or the new people who just joined and haven't contributed to this site (we know if you are either one).

here's your chance to give some input in this forum rather than the site suggestions. the majority of members here are gen. 3 owners.

thanks

PS Let's keep this civil and mature please or you know this is going to get shut down or your post will be deleted.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Wow. Nobody has an opinion huh?

My take: if we keep beating down topics already covered we'll turn we'll turn into HT, H-A, or even worse, SHO. Go there on any given day then go back some time later, and it's the same topics being debated over and over... and guess what? They are the same topics that we've already tackled here. The reason we like to limit new posts on old topics is so that when a new topic comes along we won't be stuck navel gazing and bumbling in circles on subjects already tackled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
pythonscott has got a point, H-T is good and all but i tend to see the same topics come up again and again. also, about the V2, i didnt install the engine mount thing cuz it was a pain in the ass and it didnt seem necessary, IMO.

·
Registered
396 Posts
For the rest of the time you spend on boards you will always see the same type of topics popping up. This board has really got out of control with the nazi type of moderating that has come about. I am really starting to change my mind about this board and the people who run it. on the other had. Great job on the v2 install I am glad you enjoy it and shared your opinion on it! /rant

·
Registered
234 Posts
on one side I can see the moderators view....How many times do you read the same book again and again???? Or how many times would you? And on the other hand that was a little harsh...
Ryan

·
Registered
535 Posts
if you need to post redundant info, im sure there are plenty of other boards out there with chill mods that don't mind reading the same thing over and over again for several years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts