Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a set of Indiglo guages in my Canadian 95 MT GS-R. The guages are from the US and are in MPH with Km's in smaller numbers. The problem is that they seem to be calibrated differently and are off by up to 50Km/Hr. Is there any way to fix this?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I had a problem like that once. I had a V6 Mustang and I put white face gauges in from a GT. The GT speedometer goes to 150 and the V6 just goes to 120. The way I solved that problem was by changing the calibration chip in the back of the pod. I don't know if there is a calibration chip for the gauge pods on Integras that is easily swaped, but that would fix the problem. Since your pod is going to be off no matter what you do because it is thinking KPH and not MPH then there isn't any point in pulling off your needles or anything. Look into the calibration chip thing. It could be an easy fix. It may not be the case on imports though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
ick... what a nasty problem...

if you re-calibrate the input (if this is possible), you will then throw off the odometer, which will make service intervals more difficult to remember... also you risk getting into trouble with a false odometer reading... from what i understand, the ECU keeps a running log of the actual odometer reading...

my personal opinion would be to dump the US indiglos and find another alternative...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts