Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing up my old '97 GSR (original owner). Can anyone recommend a manufacturer of quality upper control arms?

It's just a daily driver, but I'm trying to minimize the number of cheap Chinesium parts I install. I'm looking for quality parts that I won't have problems with. The best price I can find on OEM upper control arms is about $130 each - I'm hoping to find something less expensive.

I already tried ordering a set of Moog upper control arms and I received control arms that were obviously built in two different factories, and to different designs/specifications. The ball joints, bushings etc were different, and one of the control arms was dented, dinged, greasy and looked like it had been kicked along the factory floor. So, Moog is out.

Are any of the aftermarket brands still repackaging Senkei control arms?

Any other suggestions for a quality UCA?

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you do get Skunk2, consider changing out the bushings for OEM style ones, since they're make squeaky sounds. But yeah, I'd recommend "Skunk2 style" UCAs since the ball joints are easy to replace, while the arms are still in the car, and they go for $25 to $50. I'd recommending opening their boot up and adding way more grease.

These aftermarket UCAs may hit the car, with a combination of aggressive cornering, road bump condition, & lowered springs. Some people just cutoff/saw off the part of the car, it hits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies and suggestions! I'll take a look into the Skunk2's. At first glance genuine Skunk2s appear to cost about $250 for the pair, so not much savings from buying OEM. However if there are significant benefits then I may consider it.

I'm hoping to avoid adding any complications (clearance issues, squeaky bushings). Squeaky bushings are probably the primary reason I'm looking to replace the UCA's in the first place - the ball joints seem fine (they can be moved by hand, but have no play or grittiness in the movement). I'm really just looking to replace the UCAs because I already have everything apart, so it seems like a good time to do it and I only want to do it once.

Any other suggestions on brands to look into?

Thanks!

·
Registered
704 Posts
i guess moog changed suppliers, mine were sankei555 made in japan uca's when I did the install back in 2013

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess moog changed suppliers, mine were sankei555 made in japan uca's when I did the install back in 2013
If I could find a supplier repackaging Sankei 555's I'd be all over that. I had heard that AC Delco was also repackaging Sankei UCAs at one time, but I ordered a set of those and they were cheap Chinese as well.

Since my ball joint is still in pretty good shape, I may just order some quality bushings.

Anyone have experience with TruHart? https://bit.ly/2IPvaZo

Or, I'll bite the bullet and go with OEM (which I believe is Sankei).

·
Registered
583 Posts
Megan Racing or Hard race is a great adjustable front arm. Quality bushings, from experience I'd not trust the S2 arm w/ my life. I've also had a friend tweak a s2 arm by riding the berms when road racing. The best you could ever buy....PCI!

·
Registered
41 Posts
What did you end up using? I am about to jump into replacing these as well. It is also my daily driver, and like you, want to avoid chinese-built parts as I don't trust their reliability and I don't want to do this work more than once. :)

I was thinking about using Beck/Arnley from RockAuto. Any experience with that brand?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What did you end up using? I am about to jump into replacing these as well. It is also my daily driver, and like you, want to avoid chinese-built parts as I don't trust their reliability and I don't want to do this work more than once. :)

I was thinking about using Beck/Arnley from RockAuto. Any experience with that brand?

Thanks!
I didn't see this reply until now. I ended up going with 'proforged' upper control arms (Part# 10810028 and 10810027) from RockAuto. I think they are made in Taiwan. They don't appear to be as high quality as the OEM/Senkei originals, but I think they'll work ok. Better than the Moog and AC Delco control arms I bought first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
aw614
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing