Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im am planning to get itr pistons, toda spec b cams and springs, and a jg edelbrock i/m, now would this work on 93 pump gas? or not and if you have any changes please tell me

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Sure it would work on 93 octane gas! Hell, I can make it run off of 89 octane if I wanted to, but the ignition timing would be sloppy and PCP would be waaaaayyy after TDC. You seem ambitious, which is good. Take it by the balls! GGRR!! But please research this a little more. Why do you want the JG IM? Also, try a less aggressive cam, like Skunk2 Stage I's, if you plan on the ITR pistons. Static CR would seem great, but dynamic CR would fly out the window. Keep listing what you want so that we can come to a conclusion on this and get started. Are you close to buying these items?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
With itr pistons, a gsr static CR will be around 11.3-11.4:1 with a stock 3 layer head gasket. You'd be better off with Skunk2 stage 2 or stage 1's OR Jun 3's or 2's. What had been stated earlier about the relationship between intake cam duration and CR is true..Toda B's need at least 12:1 CR (preferably 12.3:1) and a lot of fuel & cam gear tuning to make them sing to their potential. That's not for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright so if i get the skunk2 stage 2 cams with the itr pistons would that work good? then what manifold should i get if the jg edelbrock isnt good enuff

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vtec711 on Sep/06/02 said:
alright so if i get the skunk2 stage 2 cams with the itr pistons would that work good? then what manifold should i get if the jg edelbrock isnt good enuff
and yes i am very close to getting these might order them tonight if i get everything straighten out

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Patience, get organized first, don't buy something that you haven't fully researched. This takes time.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Michael Delaney on Sep/05/02 said:
With itr pistons, a gsr static CR will be around 11.3-11.4:1 with a stock 3 layer head gasket. You'd be better off with Skunk2 stage 2 or stage 1's OR Jun 3's or 2's. What had been stated earlier about the relationship between intake cam duration and CR is true..Toda B's need at least 12:1 CR (preferably 12.3:1) and a lot of fuel & cam gear tuning to make them sing to their potential. That's not for you.
doesn't usdm ITR pistons give you a CR of 11:1? and JDM ITR pistons give 11.4:1? who knows, he never stated whether he wanted usdm or jdm anyways.

·
Registered
88 Posts
vtec711 on Sep/05/02 said:
I don't think it is about the jg edelbrock being good enough. It is most likely a question of whether the edelbrock has any advantages for your particular setup. I don't know much about the edelbrock so I can't say for sure. don't get rushed. read some more.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
because it has short fat runners, which kills your flow velocity in N/A setups, especially at the low end. if you are FI'ing it then you have all the velocity you need, and you focus on flow capacity (ie big fat sewer-pipe runners)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts