·
Registered
269 Posts
id say youll grip with that disc

sucks to be you in stop and go. haha oooo the prices we must pay

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
those tires are great for autox, I used them last season, but I dont think they work well for drag..the side walls are too hard.....

nice choices, let us know how that clutch feels.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Very nice.

Are you planning on installing the clutch yourself? If so, I just wrote a clutch install article. It should be helpful to ya.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
Darrel I'm assuming the clutch is in and all is well...

nice write up,

and Dave you will love the Falkens if you're into hard cornering.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
white_rice on Mar/02/04 said:
Very nice.

Are you planning on installing the clutch yourself? If so, I just wrote a clutch install article. It should be helpful to ya.
Yeah, i'm goin to do it myself. After having paid to have my first clutch installed, i won't again. lol I helped put one in an Si, and between having my own tranny off about 5 times, it's like second nature now! lol I should be doing it this friday, when it's done i'll be sure to report how it goes, and after the break in of it as well.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I hope the clutch is better for you then it has been for me. I am replacing mine in about 2 months. It's been through just under 20k miles of mild driving.. nothing compared to what i did to the factory clutch.. well its already slipping pretty bad.. the catch point is now around 2k rpms.. I for one will always recommend a factory or type R clutch for someone with mild mods.. glad I found out before doing my swap.

Oh and my 60ft times and 1/8 mile times were slower than with the stock clutch.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sickbling on Mar/04/04 said:
nice but 299 shipped? i can get all 4 for 300....

I have 4. I just chose to take pics of 2 for reference.

Quote: just be careful in the rain

Most certainly!

Quote: I hope the clutch is better for you then it has been for me. I am replacing mine in about 2 months. It's been through just under 20k miles of mild driving.. nothing compared to what i did to the factory clutch.. well its already slipping pretty bad.. the catch point is now around 2k rpms.. I for one will always recommend a factory or type R clutch for someone with mild mods.. glad I found out before doing my swap.
Oh and my 60ft times and 1/8 mile times were slower than with the stock clutch
So far, you'll the 1st person I've come in contact with that had problems. The driver is the only on responsible for taking care of the clutch life. So, I wouldn't put the blame on Exedy. I only got about 22k miles or so on my current Exedy. But I run the balls off the car. So I didn't expect much out of it. And, this clutch is going to be used on a turbo'd car. not a "mildly modded" one. But, none-the-less, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I love the Daiken-Exedy clutches!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just an update on things...the clutch was installed this weekend, and it was installed successfully!

This clutch is certainly different feeling than my previous, but I am liking every bit of it so far! I expected something very harsh from this disc, but that is not the case. :thumbs up: from me. This is

1 - 20 of 25 Posts