Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the aftermath. I got lucky.

UPDATE PG. 6

So my car got stolen lastnight in North Olmsted Ohio last night between 11 30 pm to 6 30 am , if you could keep an eyeout I would greatly appreciate it. Its a white debadged 2001 GSR with a type r swap, type r trans, gunmetal rims. Rear windows are tinted with a TI sticker on the side. Here is a link to the thread with the pics. License plate # GMZ 6076 its a Pennsylvania plate. Ps. I had a fuel cutoff wired to my cruise control, and my doors locked. Pics

UPDATE: THEY FOUND MY CAR! WOOHOO. Not too far from my apartments, this morning. Heres how it goes, the police told me some guy called this morning and reported a car sitting infront of his house since monday night. When I went to go see her today it was being checked for finger prints so I couldnt touch it or take a good look, but shes in fantastic shape. Everythings there but they backed into something and ruined my rear bumper, tore up the column, and stole my shift knob and stereo system, thats it! Im hoping the motor still runs, but im just happy I got my car back. WHen I pick it up tomarrow ill look at it to see how they got in, and further look over the car. Best yet my moms home owners is covering all stolen item inside so I can use that absurd amount of money to fix her and get me an alarm! Im glad that this was finally a happy ending.

·
Registered
565 Posts
being that u had that fuel cutoff wired as a ghost switch it kind of leads me to belive it was an inside job. either that or they had quit a bit of time to work on ur car in front of your house which doesn't seem likely. I would think of who u know that is either mad at you or just a little shaddy. best of luck man

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats just it, after thinking over all the events that occured today and what was said to me by somebody, I speculate one of the kids in my apt. complex doing this. Im bored so Ill share whats going through my mind.

Here are the events in order

6:30AM- Getting ready to go to school, while getting ready I hear excessive cranking (kind of like what you hear when a cars not getting any fuel) I got a weird gut feeling but didnt bother to investagate.

6:45- Go outside and discover my car is missing, and there is a smashed LED flash light left behind. Now at this time I call up the kid who I take to school to tell him that we would be late due to my car going missing. I get no answer from him and he ususaly always picks up. (shady) so I left him a voicemail explaqining what happened.

6:50- I call the police and ask them to send an officer over.

6:55-7:00- The kid who I take so school, comes over fully dressed in normal clothes (he usually just wears a t and shorts when comming over to my place. ) AND he seemed fully awake like he had been up for a while. (shady)

7:15- Police come and I give a full report, while im doing so the kid keeps chiming in and listening to the whole thing.

7:30-Police leave and we decide to take a drive around to see if my car was abandoned somewhere or broken down(long story) the whole time he was talking about how integras always get stolen because they are so easy to get rid of parts, AND that his friend used to steal cars back in chicago. (shady)

8:00am- we come home and drop the kid off.

8:30-9:00- THIS IS THE SHADYEST PART YET. The kid calls me and tells me that he saw my car drive down the road turning onto the local main road.

A. If someone were to steal a car I doubt they would stick around. UNless someone stuck it in one of the garages here.

B. He claimed that he was inside watching tv. His tv and couch are no where near the window. When I questioned him he hesitated and said he was standing neat the sliding glass door. WTF who just chylls near a sliding glass door., and where his apartment is you can only see 5 feet worth of street. So I dont know just how he saw the car, and he was 100% sure it was my car.

Now this kid knows everything about my car, what I have and where the switch is because he would see me turn it off when we go tto school.

His car motor just blew up and hes flat broke so he is in desparate need of money.

This just sucks really bad because basically everything i own was in that car because i had just come home from PA that night. My lease for my apartment was in there that i needed to turn in, my ipod, a set ls meshies i was selling to a friend, my system, wallet, garmin gps, tools, and about 200 cds. Youd think the theives would have the decency to throw the wallet out.

·
Registered
565 Posts
damn man i thats really really shaddy and effed up. im sorry to hear ur situation, but as hard up for cash as u probably are now i would do whatever i could to get a PI to check into that kid because you seem to have some legitimate concerns that direction, and we all know that the police are so jaded by stolen integras they usually dont put in as much effort as they could. a PI might be able to kick over a few rocks the police wouldnt bother to and find something

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hope you have good insurance so you can make a claim. As you mentioned it ought to be someone who knows your car. And you should do some digging on the kid. Sorry for the loss man, but the fact is; you're going to get your car back stripped. :(. Good luck...

Everytime i see these post, it reminds me how serious the matter is, and lets all learn for the next time.

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Hey if you let your GPS in there dont you think they could track that? Whenever I go places far or shady and I dont need my phone (amusement parks) I leave my phone in the glove compartment so if it got stolen they could track the location of the phone...

·
Registered
565 Posts
LightningTeg on Sep/04/07 said:
Hey if you let your GPS in there dont you think they could track that? Whenever I go places far or shady and I dont need my phone (amusement parks) I leave my phone in the glove compartment so if it got stolen they could track the location of the phone...
those GPS units are receivers, and do not transmit like a cell phone does unfortunately.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Damn man.

Hopefully it turns up. You can only hope for the best -- I've been in your position before.

Hang in there dude. This is just something that comes with owning these cars.

·
Registered
274 Posts
dude you cant be serious, thats 3 new stolen teg threads in 3 days!!! what is with the atmosphere?? is somethin mis-aligned in the world making crazy stuff happen all at once? bad luck with us. as for the kid... he probably knows something. get him drunk, seriously. people talk drunk. if you want answers from him, liq him up! get him around two other people and see if you can get a confession hahahaha.

such a sleek lookin car you had there man. hopefully you find it, but by the sounds of it - that kid already tore it apart. that was a good idea on the ghost switch. i never thought of that!

·
Registered
242 Posts
honestly I'm with everyone else. get out a phone book and look up private investigators. They're normally not that expensive. Look for ones who are ex cops aka retired. I know of one here in PA that tells me crazy stories all the time, ex cops will get the job done LOL. Could you imagine catching this "friend" with your car parts? geeze. Start calling buddy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
2001Teg on Sep/04/07 said:
Well thats just it, after thinking over all the events that occured today and what was said to me by somebody, I speculate one of the kids in my apt. complex doing this. Im bored so Ill share whats going through my mind.

Here are the events in order

6:30AM- Getting ready to go to school, while getting ready I hear excessive cranking (kind of like what you hear when a cars not getting any fuel) I got a weird gut feeling but didnt bother to investagate.

6:45- Go outside and discover my car is missing, and there is a smashed LED flash light left behind. Now at this time I call up the kid who I take to school to tell him that we would be late due to my car going missing. I get no answer from him and he ususaly always picks up. (shady) so I left him a voicemail explaqining what happened.

6:50- I call the police and ask them to send an officer over.

6:55-7:00- The kid who I take so school, comes over fully dressed in normal clothes (he usually just wears a t and shorts when comming over to my place. ) AND he seemed fully awake like he had been up for a while. (shady)

7:15- Police come and I give a full report, while im doing so the kid keeps chiming in and listening to the whole thing.

7:30-Police leave and we decide to take a drive around to see if my car was abandoned somewhere or broken down(long story) the whole time he was talking about how integras always get stolen because they are so easy to get rid of parts, AND that his friend used to steal cars back in chicago. (shady)

8:00am- we come home and drop the kid off.

8:30-9:00- THIS IS THE SHADYEST PART YET. The kid calls me and tells me that he saw my car drive down the road turning onto the local main road.

A. If someone were to steal a car I doubt they would stick around. UNless someone stuck it in one of the garages here.

B. He claimed that he was inside watching tv. His tv and couch are no where near the window. When I questioned him he hesitated and said he was standing neat the sliding glass door. WTF who just chylls near a sliding glass door., and where his apartment is you can only see 5 feet worth of street. So I dont know just how he saw the car, and he was 100% sure it was my car.

Now this kid knows everything about my car, what I have and where the switch is because he would see me turn it off when we go tto school.

His car motor just blew up and hes flat broke so he is in desparate need of money.

This just sucks really bad because basically everything i own was in that car because i had just come home from PA that night. My lease for my apartment was in there that i needed to turn in, my ipod, a set ls meshies i was selling to a friend, my system, wallet, garmin gps, tools, and about 200 cds. Youd think the theives would have the decency to throw the wallet out.
After reading this carefully... He had to have told some of his little friends to do this bust for him... cause if he did it, where was he going to stash the car? How would he get back to the apartments on time etc... its iffy man, if u think he did it... hire a private investigator.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My apartments have garages around the perimeter. They could have stashed it in one until night when they could safely get the car out. I also called the Garmin Headquarters and they told me it didnt have a transmittor. Oh and the best thing to top the cake is this, the kid told my buddy that his friend just got out of jail for boosting cars for two years and he was at his apartment. Im deffinatly going to comfront him about all of this, and get some sort of answer. P.S. I only have liability. GRR

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
i would hold that kid infront of you.. and carefully tell him that bad bad things will happen to him if he doesn't stop telling you bullshit and where your car is. If it was me, and the kid was that shady... i know people he does not want to know.

then again he could just be a good kid like everyone else is*cough*

·
Registered
108 Posts
thats a hard one man, be careful, u never know what can happen and where **** can lead to. It could be him and maybe it is him but still make sure u got some concrete evidence before u start calling cops to go investigate him cause man **** can back fire.

I hope u the best of luck.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.