Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share a bit of progress with you guys. For those of you who have been following the transformation (at a snails pace) of my baby here's a little update as to what I have so far. I have had the car since April.

1. Replaced exhaust with GReddy Ti-C
2. Blox LCA's
3. H&R sport springs and Skunk2 sport shocks - page 2
4. New LCA bolts
5. AEM SRI
6. Painted V/C
7. Body work and paint on front bumper
8. Type-R style urethane lip
9. Rear valences (in the mail)
10. Extreme interior detail
11. Sideview mirrors
12. Sound system
13. Fixed sunroof drain hose that was draining into my trunk.
14. Rewired my tail lights back to factory settings
15. Drained water from tails and installed new gaskets
16. Restored window trims
17. Grille-tech grill that I removed to make room for my OEM factory fogs.
18.rear valences not on car as of right now

Thats all that I can think of right now but for the most part I am proud to say that I only had to pay one person to work on my car and that was to install my exaust. Now, here's a before shot.

Here's what she looks like as of this minute.

Peek-a-boo

I see you

BOO!!

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE WHEELS SUCK! THEY WILL BE CHANGED OUT AS SOoN AS I GET TO CALI!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hate all you want on the wheels but winter's coming up and I'll be damned if I allow a good set of wheels to get eaten up by the salt! Haha I maybe a woman but I know better!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha uk2usa thanks for catching that. Its been edited. Normally I would catch stuff like that.

Yes Wuznup101, I plan on painting the sideskirts but not right now. As far as the wheels go, winter is coming up real soon. I was supposed to buy some wheels and tires from a guy on here but nothing ever came of it. I'm moving back to the states very very soon so I'll just wait and save myself a ton of money on shipping. Thanks for the comment!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BigEMoney on Sep/18/07 said:
Lovin the car!
What else do you have planned? any before pictures?
Also, the Photography is really amazing! Where did you take those :)
Well I have new shocks on its way as well as rear valences that I will be painting as soon as they get here. The very first picture is a before shot. Notice how the passenger sideview mirror is missing. I couldn't find a good set of 98+ spec mirrors so I went with 96. There was a lot wrong with the car.

Thanks for the comments on the pictures. They were taken at a hotel/golf course here in Harrogate, England. I just got a new camera and it was a nice day so I thought why not. I'm sorry if its all on only one side of the car but I'm doing body work on the other side and is almost ready for paint.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Lookin awesome! Can't wait to see what wheels you end up with. The car looks real clean, and I think once you paint the side skirts or maybe get oem optionals as well as rear valences, it'll complete the look of the car.

Keep it up!

If I may say so, save yourself some hassle and junk the GR2s...they're basically OEM replacements and are not made for performance or for lowering. Some alternatives would be KYB AGX, Tokico Illumina, Tokico Blue/HP (two names for the same thing), Koni Red, or the best of the bunch would be Koni Yellow.

A friend of mine had GR2s with H&R Sport springs on his 98 Accord coupe...in 3 years he went through like 3 sets because they kept blowing. He now has Tokico Blues (not expensive) and not only does the car handle better, but it's actually a lot more comfortable and more compliant over bumps.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
What's the Integra "scene" like over there in the UK?

I was in all over Europe (literally! as i went from Athens to Dublin) and only saw one single Teg the whole time (in Munich, Germany), and believe me i was looking! :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KaBlookie on Sep/19/07 said:
Lookin awesome! Can't wait to see what wheels you end up with. The car looks real clean, and I think once you paint the side skirts or maybe get oem optionals as well as rear valences, it'll complete the look of the car.

Keep it up!

If I may say so, save yourself some hassle and junk the GR2s...they're basically OEM replacements and are not made for performance or for lowering. Some alternatives would be KYB AGX, Tokico Illumina, Tokico Blue/HP (two names for the same thing), Koni Red, or the best of the bunch would be Koni Yellow.

A friend of mine had GR2s with H&R Sport springs on his 98 Accord coupe...in 3 years he went through like 3 sets because they kept blowing. He now has Tokico Blues (not expensive) and not only does the car handle better, but it's actually a lot more comfortable and more compliant over bumps.

Yea I can't wait to see what wheels I get too! I'm in England where the $$ is worth nothing so its very expensive. Their idea of whats nice here is rediculous. They are into their little Renaults and Clio's. They sell Rota's here but I'd end up spending about $1200 for a set of slips with tires.

I have a set of replica valences on its way from www.tunerzimage.com. I've been waiting for about 2.5 weeks now. I'm not going to complain cause the shipping was free so i'm sure they sent it surface mail. I hope it gets in today because fall is starting to set in and in a couple weeks it will be too cold to paint them. The hard part is matching the color. My Vogue Silver Metalic is faded. When I did the body work and paint on my bumper it took a couple days for the paint to fully cure and the paint is about two shades darker. I even had the paint matched.

Thanks for the comments. I will be getting some optional sides as soon as I get back to Cali. To send a set to me the shipping is crazy! When will people stop trying to rip people off with shipping?

Quote: MorningZ on Sep/19/07 Oh, also to back up Brian's GR2 comments... i went from them to Koni Red's and the difference was HUUUGE...

Yes I looked at the KYB AGX, Koni Reds and Tokico Blues but They were out of my price range with shipping. I guess I could have waited till next month but I was anxious to finish my drop. The car handles like **** on the "ROUND ABOUTS" (uk's version of a 4 way stop). My car feels like its gonna do a sidewards nose dive into the ground. The front has been lowered 1.7" and the back is still stock height. I guess later I'll sell them off to someone who plans to stay stock and get something better.

I tried in vain to look for someone selling their shocks on here but I guess everyone was pretty happy with their set up.

Quote: MorningZ on Sep/19/07 What's the Integra "scene" like over there in the UK?

I was in all over Europe (literally! as i went from Athens to Dublin) and only saw one single Teg the whole time (in Munich, Germany), and believe me i was looking! :)
The Integra scene here? NoNEXISTANT!! From what I understand there are a lot of Type-R's down south in the London area. There's a site where they register their Type-R's cause I guess they come with a serial number. There are a lot. But in my area I get the pleasure of seeing one Type-R once ever 6 months or so. Its a white one but by the looks of it it hasn't been well taken care of. There's a junk hard here that I call the Type-R heaven... where all Type-Rs go when their owners don't know how to handle them.

As much as I would love to pull parts from them the prices are rediculous! They wanted 130 GBP for a set of oem sides and that equals out to $260. The red Recaro seats were going for about 900 GBP and that equals to $1800 for one.

I've been up and down England and Scotland and not much... they are like an urban myth here. I've been to Amsterdam, Prague and Paris and have spotted at least 2 in each town.

I carry around my integra.net cards just in case I run into one and try to pass the word but I can never get close enough to one before it drives away... hence... urban myth!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.