Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE PAGE 2 oN WHITELINE SWAY/TIE
*56k BEWARE

Now that i've decided on my suspension components, i am moving on to the sway/tie bars...

For Sway/Tie combo kit (currently there is only 2 in the market i think), which one should i pick between Comptech and Suspension Techniques? Both are adjustable, both have the same size sway bar, slightly different in design, and about 100$ difference in price... I think both have reinforcement brackets as well.

For those who have either one of these kit, please post your experience, comments, pros/cons on these 2 parts. I know Comptech one is good. However, ST was very popular for gen2 as well, now they have thise new combo kit, i want to know which one is better...

THANKS!

edit: I AM BUYING A GEN3 IN APRIL 04

I am talking about
Sway/Tie COMBO, NOT just sway nor just tie!

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fyberoptik on Mar/26/04 said:
I'm kinda lost. You have a 1992 RS? The two products you mentioned are for the DC chassis.
I will be buying a gen3 this April. Nothing funny about it. I am planning ahead now and doing my homework on parts.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suspension Tech.

Comptech

What are their differences? Suspensioon Tech have adjustibility... I understand that you would go with Comptech? But WHY? I need to know WHY... may i have yout experience? Installation, handling comparing to other product you tried etc...?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have the ST lower tiebar system, but until I've used the comptech system I wouldn't even begin to say which is better. You will get opinions for both sides I'm sure but how can you judge which is better without directly comparing them?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Glad you cleared up the generation discrepancy. Well, I own the Comptech tie-bar. I like it because it's 1 piece and it has a place to put the ABS lines. It shows they put a good amount of thought into the design. I don't own the Comptech adjustable anti-sway bar. I use a 22mm ITR stabilizer, and if I needed stiffer, I will buy a 23mm ITR stabilizer. I recommend buying a set of greaseable anti-sway bar bushings on either setup.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
most people will suggest comptech based on its 22mm rather than the 19 of the ST bars

tie bars do not really do much good in mMOST cases-- however these two companies in particular help because of the way they mount-- notice that the brace the area of the subframe that usually tears out.. there fore no need ofr a beaks or BSQ kit

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
There is a company out there called WhiteLine that makes a kit for around $180. You'll have to search for it, though. I can't find anything. They are mostly known for Subaru parts.

·
Registered
669 Posts
95gsrturbo on Mar/26/04 said:
most people will suggest comptech based on its 22mm rather than the 19 of the ST bars
actually in the ST tiebar kit they supply a 7/8" sway bar (which is 22.225 mm) rather than the regular 3/4" swaybar

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahh... another important point to note, the ABS line thingy, since Comptech has it, i am gonna try to find out about ST's...

95gsrturbo: yea, i know about the subframe tear issue, which is another reason why i only focus on these 2 kits, cos they both come with reinforcement mount point.

ReX-7: I found their site, and just sent them a e-mail, waiting for reply now. They seems to have only the 20mm sway bar. Their package looks interesting tho... For 265$, you get a 20mm Swaybar, Camber kit (up to 2.5 camber), and Heavey duty Poly Swaybar link bushing. (but will probably require the BSQ kit)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
There's always the mugen stabilizer as well. It doesn't have a tie bar, but it does have reinforcement plates. I realize it's expensive ($370 @ King Motorsports) and it doesn't quite fit your criteria, but I thought the 26mm bar might want to join the fun.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Nice, let me know what you find out from White Line. Looking at their catalog, they seem to have an 18, 20, and 22mm part for the regular Integra with a 24mm version for the TypeR.

·
Registered
611 Posts
dude, the cool thing is Whitelines prices are in AUD, or the Australian dollar, which is like half of the US dollar, so its actually much cheaper in US dollars than it is in Australian, which is what is listed on their site. Although you're going to get raped on shipping. Oh, and whiteline takes three years to respond to emails and their responses are usually unhelpfull one-liners. My cousin ordered a Works kit from them (for another car), which includes every suspension component you can imagine.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Holy sh*t! Whitelines stuff are in AUD?! I thought those were USD! Hum... then their full true coilover suspension with camber kit, and sway bar and sh*t comes out to be 1200$ AUD!!! So that's what?! 600$ USD?! HOLY MOFO! IF that's true, is a freakin goddamn good deal! Come on man, tell me this is not a joke!

I will ask them more WHEN they reply...

·
Registered
611 Posts
checjk their webstore, if it has an AU next to the price, then its in aussie.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts