Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I spent a good 8 hours today intalling my Skunk2 sport shocks and H&R sport springs (F-1.75 and R-1.50). I know 8 hours!! Well I ran into a couple problems but nothing I couldn't handle.

When all is said and done I got a 3 finger gap on the front and barely a finger gap on the back... I swear I did everything right... Any ideas? My car looks strange... looks like the front is higher than the back. I measured the sides skirt all the way across with only minor differences. 6 inches at the front of the side skirt and 6.5 inches at the rear of the side skirt.

That was meaured on flat ground right off of the lift. Is that normal and do you think it will just take time to settle? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Its really dark now so I'll have pics up as soon as the sun comes up...

IGT808

UPDATE Page 3

·
Registered
113 Posts
What you probably did was put the springs on backwards, I bet if you switch them (I know its a ***** but....) you will probably balance out. Good luck, and don't feel bad when I lowered my integra I broke the two lca bolts and one other and it took me a week good luck

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
I think it has something to do with the springs. I put on H&R Race springs a little while ago, and I ended up tucking my 17s a good 2 inches, and the front still had like 1-2 finger gap. I don't know what the heck it is. I took my 12's out of the trunk and the back went up a little, but it's still lower than the front...

Anybody else know if this is normal for H&R springs?

Oh, and I know I got the right springs on the front and back. They'd be pretty hard to mix up.

·
Registered
432 Posts
they need some time to settle.
but its still gonna be diffrent gaps for every wheel.

i had just put on lowering springs and had tucking on one wheel while i had a 3 finger gap on another wheel. they just compress to diffrent amounts it seems. thats why i went with coilovers and just dumped it to the floor

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Of course the lift was removed... It was sitting flat on the ground. ebrake was off. The skunk2's came with bump stops and I only cut the fronts (half) and left the backs uncut as instructed. My mechanic friend even helped me with some little things and made sure everything was put back...

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
campbuds on Sep/27/07 said:
I never cut bump stops... that is how struts get blown.
the instructions on nearly all shocks say to cut the bumpstops in half, but i am willing to bet money that it is what i mentioned above. i had a similar thread last year and i got all these same responses and it was the brackets not allowing the shock to seat fully in the fork

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I made sure to read the instructions before attempting anything. I don't see how the break lines play into this lol. The instructions stated to cut the front bump stops lower half off. It did not say to cut the rear bump stops so I left it.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
nate2k5 on Sep/27/07 said:
it was the brackets not allowing the shock to seat fully in the fork
Can somebody explain further? Are you talking about the fork that the bottom of the shock fits into and bolts onto the lca? Or the bracket that you bolt the brake lines too?

I really wanna get the front a little bit lower if I can...

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
IslandGrlTeg808 on Sep/27/07 said:
Well I made sure to read the instructions before attempting anything. I don't see how the break lines play into this lol. The instructions stated to cut the front bump stops lower half off. It did not say to cut the rear bump stops so I left it.
it plays into it exactly how i said above if you would have read it. the shock is not fully seated

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh that makes sense nate. But my brakets are no where near the fork... I'm thinking maybe the shocks just don't fit in the fork properly because I did have some problems with getting it in there. It was a little too snug

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
HeroOfTheDay on Sep/27/07 said:
Quote: nate2k5 on Sep/27/07 it was the brackets not allowing the shock to seat fully in the fork

Can somebody explain further? Are you talking about the fork that the bottom of the shock fits into and bolts onto the lca? Or the bracket that you bolt the brake lines too?

I really wanna get the front a little bit lower if I can...
both, one causes the other. the bracket impedes the shocks ability to full drop into the fork which connects to the front LCA.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
IslandGrlTeg808 on Sep/27/07 said:
Oh that makes sense nate. But my brakets are no where near the fork... I'm thinking maybe the shocks just don't fit in the fork properly because I did have some problems with getting it in there. It was a little too snug
did you loosen the bolt on the backside of the fork before you tried putting them in

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.