Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says...I took the dash apart and after reinstalling it back my heater does not seem to work. It still blows air but when you slide to the warm section it doesnt warm up. Also before that, the ac/heater slider was stuck and so I forced it a little then it came loose. I looked under the console and saw there was a cable line that attaches to the slider. The slider does not seem to be broken and everythings still attached. Does anyone know wats going on??

·
Registered
258 Posts
I guarentee its the heater cable, which has either come unattached or something holding it to the heater control switch has broken. The only way to fix this problem is to manually remove those parts and re-install them. You would also have to check the cable and the insulation around the cable which can slide between each other causing the heat/cold not to change. If so you would have to check the connector from the heater box end and the heater control end, and see if the clip/connector is either broken, or not put in correctly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the same problem, I drove my car for 4 years and never used the heater, lived in Guam, then once i got to the states and tried to use it the slider was sticky, so I went behind the center console and manually turned the switch, now my heater works but to get it cold again I have to turn the switch again, I herd that its the cable that connects the slider with the switch/lever behind the center console against the firewall and that installing a after market cd player or like me never using it the cable bends and needs to be replaced, its like 6 bucks new, I have just been to busy with school, I would check that, also your slider since its plastic, the clip with it might have broken

·
Registered
344 Posts
well i did check that and my lines are all good.. i checked all connections and there good. Not to jack this thread but on the slider for the speed the metal piece that hels change the speed behind the button flew off and i dont know how to snap it back on.. can it be snapped on or is it just plain broke now?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
**UPDATE**

Finally, after few weeks, I finally took the time and checked what was wrong w/ my heater today. Following the cable line i found that the line came apart under the glove compartment. Well heres what it looks like under there:

Here is the cable line, where my finger is holding up. It hooks on to the slider and runs down under next to the glove compartment on the passenger side.

From a view from the bottom up, i outlined the cable line in YELLOW and outline where in RED is where the cable line hooks on to. if you can see, the cable line has a loop so u just simply stick it back into the pin outlined in red.

And so there I FIXED the problem. *There is also a clip that holds onto the cable line next to the pin...make sure it sticks back into the clip.

Hope this helps some of you here.

·
Registered
344 Posts
well mine has come off a lot and i have kept puttin it back on. Right now i need some help. the thing that plugs into the slider to increase the speed of the air came out of the slider in the back of the dash. how can i get this back in. i tried to push it but it wont go. Also i am still blowing heat out as well

·
Registered
344 Posts
i got the problem resolved. i went and got another assembly couple days ago and put it in. Found out to realize the clip the cable is suppose to clip into was kind of bent and it kept slipping out. Then the thing where the clip slides onto was moved up and that was preventing the cold air temp button to move and made it think it was blowing warm air out all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.