Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch blew apart. I removed tranny replaced rear main seal, pilot bearing, flywheel,clutch, and pressure plate. I remember when torquing pressure plate bolts the crank rotated when tightening bolts. So I put 19mm on crank pulley bolt to stop it. I cant remember but I may have rotated engine clockwise. After that put everything back together tried to start but it just cranked. Checked connections,fuses, swapped distributor, checked fuel, spark. all while continuously trying to start. Puzzled I thought to check timing, not sure if it was off but I took it off put everything TDC put belt back etc. Decided to check compression #1=~140psi, #2=~50psi, #3=~40psi, #4=~130psi.

That's where i'm at now. Motor ran strong before clutch issue. Never did compression test before this. about 200k on engine. Could trying to start it over and over with it possibly out of time smash valves?

·
Administrator
3,744 Posts
To be honest, I don't know how your engine is running with that low of compression on #2 & #3. That motor is toast, if what you're stating above is accurate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts